Time zone(?) in Baltic ports?

Maybe a dumb question, but trying to figure out which travel alarm clock to take and choice may depend on how often I'll need to reset it. I've read numerous reviews and checked web sites for the various ports, but still can't figure out whether they are all in the same time zone. And do any of them have the equivalent of our Daylight Svaings Time differences?

Also, has anyone had experience using the so-called "atomic" clocks that are supposed to reset themselves? Do they work as advertised?

The atomic clocks work by getting radio signals from known clock devices - check for the locations used by any you might buy. If they're only in the US then it won't do you much good.

Browse to the World Time Server to check on the time (and time zone) of any location around the world.

The atomic clocks work by getting radio signals from known clock devices - check for the locations used by any you might buy. If they're only in the US then it won't do you much good.

Browse to the World Time Server to check on the time (and time zone) of any location around the world.

Thanks for the advice on the clocks and the great website. Looks as if I better take one that's relative easy to set forward and back.

Based on EDT, the UK is plus 5, Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Germany, Poland are plus 6 hours, Tallin and Helsinki are plus 7 hours and St Petersburg is plus 8 hours.

I believe that the self setting clocks and watches are set from a radio signal from one of our western states, so I don't suspect they will work in that part of the world.

Gordon

Archived