RCI ~ Dolphin Discovery Swim

LuvMyVette

Hello:

DH/I will be on Explorer of the Seas in September and will be in St. Maarten for the day.

I would like to know if anyone has done the "Dolphin Discovery Swim Tour" with Royal Caribbean. If so...

1 - Was it worth it?

2 - How much time did you have swimming with the dolphins?

3 - Did you do anything with the dolphins (tricks, etc.) or did they perform for you?

4 - How did you like Meads Bay?

5 - What is there to do at Meads Bay?

6 - Pros/Cons of the excursion.

7 - Extra charge for anything?

8 - How long was the ride from the ship to the excursion location?

9 - If DH/I signed up for this, could we be in separate groups so the other can take pictures while with the dolphins?

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the questions....

Thank you and happy cruising!

Our group of 5 traveling did the Discovery Dolphin Swim and felt it was well worth the money. You spend about 45 minutes in the water with the dolphins, petting him (we had AL) and then getting and giving a kiss, and dancing with him. I wouldn't trade that time for anything! The boat ride from the ship was a very bumpy 45-60 minutes. TAKE THE SEASICK PILLS Then another 10 minute bus ride through beautiful Anguilla. I would suggest taking underwater cameras so that others in your group can take pictures. I guess if you asked they could put you in separate groups at different times (there are two). We all stayed in one group as they are also taking pictures for you to purchase, $10 a picture if you buy more than a couple. You can also purchase a DVD of your experience for $35. We bought everything! They do serve a nice buffet lunch, alcohol is extra. I guess Meads Bay is next to the cove, DH and I didn't go but the other three went and they said it was "okay"

Archived