Sailing The Star 10/28/06 could you please tell me????

Hi fellow cruisers...

it's been several years since my last cruise and I'm excited to be cruising once again. I have never been on the Star or the Canada/New England Cruise before and have a few questions. I feel almost like a newbie as it's been so long! Too many losses...illness...son serving in Iraq etc....so wasn't able to cruise till now.

Any suggestions on clothing would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure just how cool it will be there at the end of October.

How are the seas that time of year? Is it an older crowd on this itenary?

What did you think of this cruise and the Star? Any changes in Princess policys or rules since three years ago?

I read that some people requested and got egg crate or foam toppers for their beds....must I ask ahead or the day I arrive? I will definately need the topper and never knew they had them!

Any suggestions on what is a must see on any of the ports? I know Boston and Newport and what to do there but not the other ports.

We want to make this a completely relaxing cruise and are planning not to bring formal wear...and dine at an alternative restaurant on the formal nights...any suggestions? Do people dress up a lot every night or a little more casual in the New England area?

Any help...suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Happy cruising and please remember to pray for our son Michael and all the soldiers serving overseas.

Thank You

Archived