Carnival.com / Guar Seeking Problem

vesw01

As in the past with finding our cabins using various methods that has changed over the course of the years...I hope carnival is not going to change it again because we are clogging up their server.

It also does not help when people call carnival and tell them "i read on cruisecritic that my cabin is such and such-- is it really?

Katmando- I have made purchases from their gift selections many times. Photo coupons, soda coupons, drink coupons, cakes, even a cooler last time

I agree with Host Randy....not only do we post this type of thing but we actually give instructions on exactly how we do it... Carnival strollers then can turn the issue over to their programmers and change the website. :p

I was reading RCCL's new liquor policy and when they refer to being prohibited from bringing booze on board they actually mention "mouthwash bottles, water bottles", etc. Guess we have given 'em all too much info.:p

Carnival has made it easier for us. I found my room number yesterday (7/28) by clicking on "Modify Booking" at 59 days out.

Not true. It's not easier for most people. I'm at 49 days out, and there's no way to check my room assignment.

SS-Bevo

By easier, I meant we don't have to go to the gifts and services section now. I am assuming from your post that this method doesn't work unless you booked directly with Carnival. Sorry, I didn't know that when I posted. Thought I was helping.

Not true. It's not easier for most people. I'm at 49 days out, and there's no way to check my room assignment.

modify button is on the web page and can only be seen by people who booked directly using carnival.

If you booked using an outside agent-- and got a booking number you CAN check by the funpass but it must be filled out and completed.

at 49 days this should already be done. if this is completed...

go to carnival web page and scroll to the bottom. click on funpass.

it wants your booking #, last name, ship and date. next page will give you two options--- click on gifts -- then add anything at all to your cart. scroll down and see either cabin # or GTEE.

Unfortunately there is no more button for "gifts". The page has been redesigned. So if modify booking does not work, maybe you will have to call your TA. Unless someone else can figure out a new way:) If not you know you have a bed somewhere on the ship

Unfortunately there is no more button for "gifts". The page has been redesigned. So if modify booking does not work, maybe you will have to call your TA. Unless someone else can figure out a new way:) If not you know you have a bed somewhere on the ship

Much more of a true surprise this way! Not that I like it, but it will be that much more exciting!:D

Maybe too many would find out and call and try to move or something?? Who knows? OR find out and have it change at the pier and complain about that...wouldnt blame Carnival for removing the option to avoid this type of stuff.:o

Maybe too many would find out and call and try to move or something?? Who knows? OR find out and have it change at the pier and complain about that...wouldnt blame Carnival for removing the option to avoid this type of stuff.:o

yep-- from reading these boards-- people are not happy and they call their agent--- who know nothing about this method..

or what about the people who see an awesome upgrade--only to find when they get onboard they got what they paid for -- pretty pissed off people.

Its to carnivals best interest to have people who book guarantee now wait til they get to the pier.

Also-- by having that option we were hogging up carnival server. How many people would be checking their assingments everyday for every hour until they sailed.

(carnival did away with the other methods for the same reasons.

PS-- if you go to carnival web page and scroll to the bottum and click on funpass instead of going through your cruise details... it does let you continue to the gift page-- it jsut dont show you any assignments

I program web servers for a living, and I doubt the guarantee-info-seekers made a drop in the bucket on the server. That is not an issue, I am certain.

BUT - the calls to TAs and to Carnival customer service about guarantee assignments, changes, etc. - I can see where that would be a real pain in the neck.

Still, I do not see any reason that Carnival should not share your assignment with you as soon as the make it. It is good, curiosity-satisfying information. Sort of useless cruise trivia.

I am totally aware that they can show me in cabin X and upon arrival at the pier I am assigned cabin Y... I don't care. That is fine with me. Let me repeat... I DO NOT CARE WHICH CABIN I AM IN... so what is the problem?

Is the problem that people who book guarantees *DO* care what cabin they are in? I sure hope not!! They should not book guarantees if they care.

I am one of the curious ones, and I like to know which cabin I am in at the moment. It is OK if it changes, I just like to know what is going on. I hope Carnival reads this!!

Still, I do not see any reason that Carnival should not share your assignment with you as soon as the make it. It is good, curiosity-satisfying information. Sort of useless cruise trivia.!!

If carnival assigns the cabin-- and they can sell it--- they will sell it and the assignment is now back to what it was. People get upset because we booked a oceanview and saw that we got upgraded and they took it away.. most people feel disappointment but the people its the people who complain.

Remember the Kelly method-- carnival did change it because of server clogs. i only took it for granted the same thing is happening.

Still, I do not see any reason that Carnival should not share your assignment with you as soon as the make it. It is good, curiosity-satisfying information. Sort of useless cruise trivia.

I am totally aware that they can show me in cabin X and upon arrival at the pier I am assigned cabin Y... I don't care. That is fine with me. Let me repeat... I DO NOT CARE WHICH CABIN I AM IN... so what is the problem?

Is the problem that people who book guarantees *DO* care what cabin they are in? I sure hope not!! They should not book guarantees if they care.

I am one of the curious ones, and I like to know which cabin I am in at the moment. It is OK if it changes, I just like to know what is going on. I hope Carnival reads this!!

If they did that, it wouldn't be a guarantee :D It can change up to the date of the sailing.. those are essentially "place markers" and I'm sure they don't put them there for the benefit of the passengers. If people truly don't care what cabin they are in, they aren't checking everyday for a way to find it. We had a great TA on our first cruise that told us what a guarantee was, and yes, we got assigned at the port... It was part of the fun for me, and since I knew I wouldn't get it until the port, I wasn't dying to know where it was.

[quote=GoinCruisin.. those are essentially "place markers" and I'm sure they don't put them there for the benefit of the passengers.[/quote]

Could be, but the place markers turn out to be the final cabin assignment most of the time. As long as people understand they can change until you check in, I don't see the problem with sharing that info.

I honestly don't "care" where my cabin is, but am curious. I figure worst case seniorio is I get what I paid for. Technically the rate I got, I could go back and pick a cabin if I wanted to, but why not let the dice roll. I would be interested in knowing my cabin assignment to figure out where I will be in relation to everything. I wouldn't care if they moved me when I got to the port, just would be funny for the extra surprise.

Archived