Carnival Fantasy questions

cherylr819

The earlier you get to the port, the closer you'll be to the front of the line for boarding...when we went in june, my husband and i arrived around 11 and there was hardly any line...we were on the ship in about 20 minutes and that included the time to get our S&S cards and go through security, and to get our photo taken....it's better to beat the rush!

Like carm225 said, get there early so you can board earlier. We were there around 11, but there was some sort of hold up and we didn't actually get to board until 12:30. But, we were some of the first in line (and got good seats, too, where others who arrived later had to stand). We were some of the first to eat and then got perfect seats by the pool.

Yes, you can bring softdrinks. We packed them on and didn't try to hide them. They are allowed in "reasonable amounts". We brought a soft sided cooler and had it in the suitcase (easier to fly with). Our room steward kept it full of ice for us the entire cruise.

We are leaving tomorrow for the Fantasy. What time should we get to the port? Also, can you take soda on the boat, legally? I read that people take coolers, etc..

Thanks

YEAH.... another FANTASY cruiser for tomorrow... join our ROLL CALL!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=363221

Tom

I'm jealous because my Fantasy cruise isn't for another month! Have fun and post reviews!

I take a 12 pack of soda cans on with me. Going on the Celebration, I had the box strapped to a luggage cart - - going across the gangplank, the box came off the cart and I had to chase down several cans of Dr. Pepper!! I suggest putting it in your luggage, so you don't have to hang onto it until your cabin's ready.

Happy cruising!

Suzy

When is your cruise on the celebration? I go August 26.

I'm jealous because my Fantasy cruise isn't for another month! Have fun and post reviews!

I take a 12 pack of soda cans on with me. Going on the Celebration, I had the box strapped to a luggage cart - - going across the gangplank, the box came off the cart and I had to chase down several cans of Dr. Pepper!! I suggest putting it in your luggage, so you don't have to hang onto it until your cabin's ready.

Happy cruising!

Suzy

I am leaving for my cruise in 10 days and am soooooo :p excited. In regards to the soda issue, does the cans set off any detectors? I know they are metal detectors but I wasn't sure. I have locks for my luggage and did not want them cut off.

Also, since the pop issue is brought up what about other beverages? (I think we all know what I mean.)

Do they use plastic bottles or glass bottles on the boat or is it cans?

Thanks for help.

PS-Anyone recommend any special thing to take along other than the usual trip items. :cool:

I have been on a few crusies. You can take them we take plastic bottles and designate one suit case to that, and any snacks you may want. But I do not carry them on board that is to much. I always tell women that go on these, to take more the 1 bathing suit, and if you are taking 4 outfits, you might want to re think that I took about 7 my first cruise and still did not have enough, and that was a 3 day. I changed in the am, dinner time, and then after dinner to party, i wore jeans. So I wore like 3-4 diff outfits a day. Take any meds you may need. Benydral, motion sickness, etc. It is costly on the boat.

Happy cruising!

Suzy

When are you on Fantasy? We are on Sept 2nd!!! It's almost here~~!!!!:)

Chrissyweb:

Do yourself a favor and take a power strip with you. We used the plugs for our cell phone charger, hair dryer, camera battery charger, etc. I was constantly unplugging and plugging back in; next time I will take a power strip.

Another thing I learned the hard way was how to pack. We took way too many clothes with us. I was on vacation and not at a fashion show so I decided to dress as casual as possible except for dining. My advice is to take a dressy pair of pants (black was my choice) and wear them 2 nights with different tops (dressy tops) or skirt. Formal night was a surprise to me because some of the men didn't even have on ties. I saw pant suits to formal dresses. Carnival really doesn't mind what you wear as long as you don't wear flip flops, shorts, tank tops or t-shirts with writing on them.

I would get up in the a.m. and put on my bathing suit and cover up then have breakfast and lunch on the Lido deck; since relaxing was my intent, I relaxed by the pool all day. Then I would get dressed up for dinner.

I took about 6 pairs of shoes the first cruise and didn't wear but 2 pair the whole time.

Your can drinks will be ok to take. I put mine in my suitcase so I wouldn't have to carry them.

If you'd like you may email me with any questions you might have. Happy sailing.

ezymony's better half (peachy) southernpeach51@hotmail.com

We took cans with us on the Glory and some how other luggage got tossed on top and busted them all is why I said bottles. The clothes thing may just be me. But I know 1 time a waitress pour wine on me, one time i slip by the pool, and so on. So my clothes got wet or dirty. I took about 3 outfits more, and alternated tops, pants, etc. I have never thought about pair of black pants, different tops. Thanks for that one.

Chrissyweb:

Do yourself a favor and take a power strip with you. We used the plugs for our cell phone charger, hair dryer, camera battery charger, etc. I was constantly unplugging and plugging back in; next time I will take a power strip.

Another thing I learned the hard way was how to pack. We took way too many clothes with us. I was on vacation and not at a fashion show so I decided to dress as casual as possible except for dining. My advice is to take a dressy pair of pants (black was my choice) and wear them 2 nights with different tops (dressy tops) or skirt. Formal night was a surprise to me because some of the men didn't even have on ties. I saw pant suits to formal dresses. Carnival really doesn't mind what you wear as long as you don't wear flip flops, shorts, tank tops or t-shirts with writing on them.

I would get up in the a.m. and put on my bathing suit and cover up then have breakfast and lunch on the Lido deck; since relaxing was my intent, I relaxed by the pool all day. Then I would get dressed up for dinner.

I took about 6 pairs of shoes the first cruise and didn't wear but 2 pair the whole time.

Your can drinks will be ok to take. I put mine in my suitcase so I wouldn't have to carry them.

If you'd like you may email me with any questions you might have. Happy sailing.

ezymony's better half (peachy) southernpeach51@hotmail.com

Cantw82sail: love your user name! We sail on Fantasy 8/28, so we'll be getting off when you get on!

Scotts82705: we sailed on Celebration about 3 years ago. I really liked the Celebration, but I prefer the Fantasy class ships because they have the atrium. I swear, when all those cans of Dr. Pepper got loose, it was a nightmare!

Great tips from EZmony, we have taken a power strip in the past. It is a little heavy and bulky, so this next cruise, we are just going to take one of those cheap extension cords with three plugs on the end, and see how that works for us.

Suzy

Yeah I love the Fantasy that has been my favorite. Maybe because I have been on it so much I don't get lost. The Glory was to big, and Insperation was a little run down. But I love all Carnival Cruises. The only time I had a problem was with the coke, and my luggage got busted on the Glory. Carnival replaced them. Up to like $200.00. So it all worked out. I never thought about a power stripe. I know on formal more then others I use a curling iron, and a blow dryer. It was a pain to unplug let it heat. ALWAYS LATE.

Archived