Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale

CanuckCruizer

Anyone stayed there recently? I understand that there is a Marina building (4 storey) and then a 16 storey tower with partial ocean views/marina views and complete oceanfront views. Apparently the beach is across the highway, so I don't know how good the view is. I noticed on Priceline it is lumped with several other hotels (on the hotel list) that may not be too desirable, like the Yankee Trader and Clipper etc. Anyone got it on Priceline and how did you get it? Is there any distinguishing icons for the hotel? Any help or a review of the hotel would be appreciated. We have booked The Riverside Hotel directly but it is a bit pricey at $263 per night. Wondering about cheaper alternatives for a two night stay before our Celebrity cruise in March. Unfortunately, we smoke, so we have to stay away from the "non-smoking" resorts like BW Pelican Beach, The Renaissance and any Marriotts and Double Trees too. So, bidding on Priceline could be tricky. If a non-smoker gets a smoking room - I understand your disaster - but if you put a smoker in a hotel where the whole property is non-smoking - it could be dangerous-lol.

Thanks

Canuck

My wife and I stayed there last year in Dec before our cruise. We got it for $75 a night on priceline. It is a nice hotel the beach is across the street very easy to walk they have a walkway from the hotel to the beach or cross the street at the light out front. They have a 16 story tower and a smaller 3 or 4 story building next door. We stayed in the small building the room way very large with a nice sitting area with tv and micro and fridge and a separate bedroom area almost like a mini suite. The room was a little musty but might be because of the hurricane that hit about a month before we arrived. They had a lot of window damage still when we were there at the hotel and all around. The water taxi stop is down about 1 block nice fun place.I have not heard much about the Yankee Trader and Clipper hotels

dantesab - thanks for the info. So I guess if you were in the lower building that you had a marina view? Do you remember how you managed to get it on Priceline? I know it is a 3 star (can't remember the exact area right now) but was there specific hotel icons that made it stand out from the rest? I know this is asking a lot, but if you can remember, it would be helpful. Thanks again,

Canuck

Well no we had a parking lot view the marina was behind us but it was very nice lots of flowers and stuff. You could walk out the back door and check out the marina lots of boats all around the hotel it was in the middle of the marina.No I just bid 3* and I got it that was the first time I had used priceline and I found out from a few people that I got lucky. If you go to the hotel website you may be able to get a good price from them for the rooms or take a chance with priceline. We are going back to Ft Lauderdale in Dec for a cruise on the Carribean Princess and I went and booked on Holiday Inns website this time I did not want to take a chance of getting a bad hotel. Good Luck

Well no we had a parking lot view the marina was behind us but it was very nice lots of flowers and stuff. You could walk out the back door and check out the marina lots of boats all around the hotel it was in the middle of the marina.No I just bid 3* and I got it that was the first time I had used priceline and I found out from a few people that I got lucky. If you go to the hotel website you may be able to get a good price from them for the rooms or take a chance with priceline. We are going back to Ft Lauderdale in Dec for a cruise on the Carribean Princess and I went and booked on Holiday Inns website this time I did not want to take a chance of getting a bad hotel. Good Luck

dantesab - thanks for the info. View is very important to us, so we wouldn't want to end up with a "parking lot" view. The hotel quoted me $232 for a room in that building you stayed in and $280 for an oceanfront view. I think we will stick with The Riverside Hotel, which I think is a better location and much more upscale - just going by the reviews. Thanks for all your help!

Canuck

We stayed here in Jan. of this year pre cruise. Got room through Priceline for $79.00. Asked for a tower room and got it. Very beautiful view of ocean as well as pool area.

Only stay in the Tower rooms. The ones across the ally are musty and older.

Good luck!

We considered the Riverside for an upcoming October stay based on some comments I saw in a post elsewhere on the boards.. so I checked it out on tripadvisor and based on what I read there, we decided against it. Ended up at the Renaissance so that doesn't help you much.

Thanks Christapie - good to know you managed to get a room in the tower.

Michmike - I know what you mean by the Trip Advisor reviews for the Riverside - not too encouraging. But - I did a search on this forum for the Riverside and found lots of people who had stayed there and every review was completely positive - they all actually raved about the place. I tend to trust this forum more as Cruise Critic people really have no motive to lie whereas on Trip Advisor there have been lots of rumours of competitors going on there and telling stories etc. It seems to be the best location for what we want to do. We are going to be there two full days before our cruise and want to see some sights. If I find something hideous out beforehand - I can always try & bid on the Bahia Mar or Pier 66 for a cheaper room - although we are big "view" people and I don't like taking chances on what room they could give us. Also, it is during spring break which could limit availability greatly. Thanks for your advice.

Canuck

If going Priceline for Ft. Lauderdale, what area do I want - downtime? - We're going on the Jewel January 13th, and we don't get in until late Friday, so just need a basic hotel and want to avoid paying a fortune...

Thanks for any help!!!

FishingLady,

Hotwire is offering the Renaissance on 17th St. for $114.00 plus taxes & fees. This is a great deal. It lists as a 4 star Las Olas downtown boutique hotel w/ a pool, fitness center etc. We couldn't get a 2 star for under $140.00. The internet price for this hotel is $379.00. Good luck.

Janet

Archived