Hawaii bookings October 2006 - there MAY be another itinerary change

uktog

I read through the boards that our itinerary had changed again. Originally we were to be a Kaui then that was replaced with cruising the NaPali coast and those of us booked at that time got a big $50 credit. Anyway on the boards the other week, someoen said they had heard there was another change and the cruising had been replaced by another day in Honolulu. Not waht I really wanted, but we are going on this cruise, cannot change it. I set about trying to put together more excursions for Honolulu. I emailed Celebrity as I could not find shore excursions for both days at Honolulu to find out what was happeneing ( we also had not been told of the schedule change last month). It seems that the published schedule may not be the final one - I have pasted below the response I got this morning by email. It may of course be that as my query related to excursions, the space they are waiting for is for them, howeverf, as it mentioned berthing conflicts (strange - the day they have changed was an at sea day so there were no berthing conflicts, that is why I am a little suspicious there is a bigger change to come) I thought I would share it with you all.You will note it also says all the ports involved which makes me think it is more than Honolulu.

I can wait and see, but watch if you have independent tours booked - in our case it is only the Old Lahanian Laua at this stage but I will be keeping a close eye in case I need to rebook.

A

Please be advised that due to berthing conflicts, the Summit 14 Night Hawaii Circle itinerary has been modified. The change in itinerary had date/time changes to some ports. We are in the process of obtaining space for the correct dates for all the ports concerned. We are currently working on this and awaiting response from the tour operators. Once we receive all the tour allotments, the web site will be updated accordingly. We would refer you to the web site by the end of second week of August for a complete list. By then, we should have more information

Hi UKtog,

We're not on this cruise but on the October 14 Summit jaunt to Hawaii.

Just wanted to give you a heads up that the prices on many cabin categories including Concierge class were reduced drastically on Monday for all the October Hawaii sailings!!:D

Perhaps they also changed in the UK, I don't know but it is worth checking, we saved $300 per person!

Our itinerary has also changed twice so far and counting?:confused::confused:

Hi UKtog,

We're not on this cruise but on the October 14 Summit jaunt to Hawaii.

Just wanted to give you a heads up that the prices on many cabin categories including Concierge class were reduced drastically on Monday for all the October Hawaii sailings!!:D

Perhaps they also changed in the UK, I don't know but it is worth checking, we saved $300 per person!

Our itinerary has also changed twice so far and counting?:confused::confused:

Thanks for this, works slightly different in the UK as we cannot rebook so very much at the mercy of the system. We will not personlly get a reduction because our category is sold out however you never know that might be different nearer the sail date and who knows what might happen, particuarly now we are on a 3 island 4 port trip which will be hard to sell

We cruised on the Summit to Hawaii in January and the NaPali coast was the high-light. However, to my knowledge, the flooding in the winter wrecked havoc on that area. I believe the road we took up to view the coast was washed out. That might account for the first itinerary change. I have often thought of our driver, a delighful man who actually showed us his house as we drove along the road (the same road that Pierce Brosnan's house is on and the Perryville Hotel) and if it survived the flooding.

That is exactly what is happening with our cruise! We went from 4 islands, to three islands with cruising the Na Pali coast and then to three islands with an overnight at Lahaina, Maui.

The price has dropped three times because people keep cancelling too, due I'm sure to the abbreviated itinerary.

So sorry to hear that you are stuck with the price paid...seems quite unfair. :mad:

Archived