3-night Bahamas Cruise.... which one to pick?

BeachMartini

I have the opportunity to go on a 3-night cruise leaving from Miami at Thanksgiving. I'll be down in Florida visiting my mom so we thought it would be a fun girls trip.

Struggling between RCCL's Majesty of the Seas and Carnival's Facination. They are both in our price range. I have heard the Majesty is a little on the older side, but the Facination only stops in Nassau, where as the Majesty goes to the RCCL private island as well.

Can anyone weigh in on this? I am 25, Mom 59.

Hi I haven't sailed on either of these but I did ship inspections on both of them this past April. I have pictures of both in the photo album located at the bottom of my post.

Personally, just based on the ships, I would choose the Majesty. I thought that is was in better condition than the Facination. The Facination was very dark and had a confining feeling whereas the Majesty was bright an open. The Facination is in need of a drydock imo.

Nothing against Carnival...just didn't like the condition of the Facination and decided that I would not recommend it to clients unless they were just head over heels with the intinerary.

I have been on both and without a second thought it would be the Majesty OTS. I love Coco Cay. The Fascination has been one of my least favorite ships that I have sailed. The ship has a very dark decor and I found the ship to be less than clean when I was on it but that was four years ago and I know that crews change.

I have the opportunity to go on a 3-night cruise leaving from Miami at Thanksgiving. I'll be down in Florida visiting my mom so we thought it would be a fun girls trip.

Struggling between RCCL's Majesty of the Seas and Carnival's Facination. They are both in our price range. I have heard the Majesty is a little on the older side, but the Facination only stops in Nassau, where as the Majesty goes to the RCCL private island as well.

Can anyone weigh in on this? I am 25, Mom 59.

I haven't sailed on the Majesty.... but I have recently sailed on the Fascination.

I cannot recommend the Fascination.

Here is a link to my review, dated Feb 2006.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=301238

Hope it helps...:o

I think we'll go with the Majesty of the Seas.

Not too sure why this post was moved from "Ask a Cruise Question" to "Hotels - Pre and Post Cruise"!!:eek:

That was as basic a cruise question as you can get!

I think that you have made a wise choice Ally!!

Yep, I wondered why it was moved also?????

I hope that you and your mom enjoy your cruise!

Jodie

Archived