Hampton Inn Ft Laud Airport North

cruzingduo

Bequia,

are you familiar with this hotel? Is it near a place for dinner? A food store where I can buy a case of water. Safe area?

Has anyone stayed there? I read some reviews which were favorable. I am steering away from our original choise of Amerisuites.

Thanks again for all the help.

We are staying here in November. I've been a little leary as to where to stay, but I finally decided on the Hampton Inn based on its review & a very good price. I've read that there is a small shopping center across the street & if I recall correctly there is a store where you could get water. But the hotel isn't too close to things other than that shopping center. However, according to other threads & their website, their shuttle service will take you to nearby restaurants & then pick you up again. As they also provide shuttle service from the airport & to the port, I think it is still a good deal. In some cases the shuttles are not always a good idea if there are large groups coming in, but even if we would need to get a for taxi one of the trips I think we will be saving money. Plus breakfast is included & although it's probably not great it should be a typical breakfast. Since eating is one of the things we do as soon as we get on the ship, we just need something to hold us until we board. As long as the room is clean & the staff is accomodating to meet our minimal needs, I am not too hard to please as I would rather save my money to spend on the cruise.:D

WendyCn,

Thanks for your reply. I read thru all the reviews also and felt that it got a good report. We need the room for 3-2-07. I would really appreciate your thoughts about the hotel after your November trip. Is there some way that you could let me know what you thought.

You may have read my post about wanting to buy a case of water at a local food store to take onboard the ship. I called the hotel tonight and they said there's a Winn Dixie behind them. I also read in the reviews that people were pleased with the breakfast, although I agree with you we will be eating once we get on the ship and we just need something to hold us over.

I am curious how the shuttle works out taking you to the pier. We are doing a b2b and I know we'll have a lot of luggage. If the shuttle doesn't work we can always take a cab.

Let us know what you do for dinner. Thanks so much, and enjoy your cruise.

FOS 10-15-06

BOS 1-22-07

ROS 3-3-07 and 3-11-07

Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth. We stayed at this hotel last October and it was great! Rooms were clean and comfy, front desk staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was really pretty good considering. After living in FLL for a long time and putting up with rotten attitudes most of the time from those in food and hotel services, it was really refreshing to walk into this hotel and see someone with a smile, asking if you needed this or that, offering to help my elderly parents with their luggage. (we usually stay with friends when we're in town, but since my parents were with us, we decided to stay at the hotel that time). We liked it so much that we've booked it again this August for a cruise.

Barb, Since it was hard to decide where to stay, your positive comments have helped to relieve me that I made a good decision after all. Thank you!:)

Cruizingduo, I'll check back on CC when we get back. I'll try to search for our old post to add to it, but in case you don't hear from me, post a question on this forum & I'll see it. I don't like to give out my e-mail address on CC but I would love to share our experience with this hotel with you! As far as the restaurant goes, I am going to do a little research here on the CC boards to get some ideas & then ask at the front desk to see what they recommend, too. I just haven't had an opportunity yet to check out the local restaurants.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Airport North this past December pre-cruise and will do so again this December. We are driving to FL and the Hampton lets you park for $15/week.

As for the shuttle, when you check in, you must let them know how many in your party and they will book a departure time for you on the shuttle. If you don't like the time, you can get a taxi very inexpensively as you are very close to the port.

Yes, there is a grocery store in the shopping center next door and I believe there were several small restaurants there in the shopping center - I think a Chinese restaurant and we ate at a very good pizza place (we took it back to the room, I don't recall if they have a dining room or if it's just take out).

hello everyone, baesue here. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and I would like to make sure you all are familar with where you've chosen to stay. The Hampton Inn, very nice hotel, but it depends which your staying in. If it's the one on Federal Highway (US 1) busy highway and a so so neighborhood. Yes there is a small convenience store directly down the street from the hotel, and there are a few restaurants nearby, but I wouldn't recommend walking. If the Hampton Inn is on I-95 & Griffin Rd., once again a nice hotel, but not so nice a neighborhood. I would definately recommend staying on 17th Street there are a lot of nice hotels there (ranging from expensive to inexpensive). The neighborhood is safe and there are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby that you can walk to. Look into Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. or AmeriSuites also on 17th. St.

Renaissance on 17th St. great hotel and $114 great price.

baesue

We have stayed here twice--once where we left our car and once when we flew into Fort Lauderdale. The shuttle service was very good and the hotel was a good quality Hampton Inn. We bought supplies at the Winn Dixie and brought food back and ate while sitting by the pool. There are a couple of fast food places and a good "hole in the wall" Cuban restaurant where we got very tasty sandwiches. The breakfast was good.

I would not venture out at night, but the shuttle will take you to restaurants if you wish.

It is so close to the pier that the trip to the ship was very quick.

We would stay here again.

Archived