Residence Inn - Cape Canaveral??

lrcruising

We are also staying there pre-cruise. It's a brand new hotel, only open a few months, and I have heard only good things about it from people who have stayed there so far (the only negative has been that the young landscaping around the pool area hasn't filled in yet). I've stayed in other Residence Inns before and have always been very pleased, especially with cleanliness, quality of service and the full breakfast.

As I understand it, they do not have a shuttle, but it's very easy to arrange taxi service. The taxi fee to the ship is nominal. If you have a rental car that you will be dropping off before boarding the ship, the rental company usually has shuttles.

The Residence Inn is "across the street" from the Port so its a two minute taxi ride.

There is also a brand new Country Inn & Suites right next door to the Residence Inn.

They arranged our shuttle for us, 11, 11:30, or 12. It was $6 pp round trip. We parked our car for the length of the cruise at no charge. The shuttle was waiting for us when we got off the ship.

I highly recommend this new hotel. We were there in June and returning in Dec.

We stayed there earlier this month for 2 nights and had a room/suite with 2 queens and a pull-out sofa in living room area. There was plenty of room for us (although we had 4). We arranged for a taxi before hand (D & L taxi) and only paid $7 plus tip for us. I found her (Rebecca Oldham) on the Cape Canaveral website under "transportation". She was prompt with answering emails and picking us up.

We stayed at the Residence Inn in May. The room was $149 for five of us with a great breakfast included. We left our car there and got a shuttle for $6 a person. The rooms are immaculate. A suite with two queens and a pull out sofa in the livingroom.

I don't know if it affects your group or not, but I just got an E-mail from Marriot stating all Marriots will go non-smoking by Oct.15. This includes Residence Inn.

That is awesome news to us, for the future though, because we are staying there in August this time. :D

Archived