Cozumel Beach- Which one is this?

rono41

We're cruising on the Elation on July 25th and are trying to find a great beach in Cozumel to visit. My friends who recently cruised on the Elation went to Mr. Sanchos beach, and had good things to say about that. We've also heard about Paradise Beach and Playa San Francisco. I found a link on the web, but I'm not sure where these photos were taken. Could you please take a look at these links and tell me if you recognize this beach or maybe have visited this beach?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/57599728/57604172SXaKYE

http://community.webshots.com/photo/57599728/57604261cwSuot

Also, any advice on beaches in Cozumel would be greatly appreciated. My Wife, and 2 1/2 year old daughter and I will be taking this excursion.

Thanks!

The first pic looks like Chakanaab. Not sure about the pool though. I usually rent a jeep and see the beautiful shoreline of Cozumel, stopping at several beach clubs such as Mr Sanchos and Coconuts. Your youngster might enjoy having her pic taken holding the iguana at Coconuts.

http://www.mrsanchos.com

http://www.islacozumel.net/food/coconuts/

Both have very clean restrooms and good food/drink. No admission fee.

Back in San Miguel, great shopping and lunch at Pancho's Backyard.

http://www.loscincosoles.com/home.htm

Nope, that's definitely NOT Chankanaab. I wish Chank had that gorgeous shoreline!!! (The only resemblance is the palapas. No pool anywhere in Chank.) Would love to go to there and just walk that beach.

It's a gorgeous beach, and I went on to view that photographers site - and he (Keith Saan) is GOOD! Some of the best photos of the Caribbean I've seen.

Thx, DJ - I just spent about a half hour there - and bookmarked it so I can return. Great site to look at all the beaches.

IF that photo was actually taken on Cozumel, it looks more like it MIGHT be at Nachi-Cocom, complete w/pool. At least, that's the closest I could come to which beach the photo was from, and I looked at all the beaches pretty closely.

Edited to say: I went back and looked again. The pool at Nachi-Cocom has the same tiles around it that are in the 2nd photo, so that must be it! :) I'm going to look into going there on my upcoming cruise.

rono41,

I found those same 2 pics recently and couldn't get over how beautiful that beach was so I did some research of my own.

I agree with Cotton that those pics were most likely taken at Nachi Cocom. I found another pic that was identified as Nachi's pool, and the pool deck tiles were exactly the same.

Definitely looks like Nachi Cocom. We were there a few years back. While the pool was nice, we were a little disappointed that the shop was closed and couldn't rent any snorkeling equipment. We didn't eat in the restaurant because it just didn't look clean, IMHO. It may have just been an "off" day there.

We went to Paradise Beach this past May and absolutely loved it. The food was good, the beer was cold, the service was great and the beach and water were gorgeous. My kids want to know when we can back again! I would recommend it.

I agree about Paradise Beach! Very clean, good food and great service. PLUS when I went a couple of months ago it was free to get in and they didn't charge to use their mats, chairs or umbrellas. :)

These photos were definately taken at Nachi Cocom. I have been there twice in the last couple of years and have similar pictures from the pool. We enjoyed the time we spent there. It was very laid back which was just what we wanted and my kids loved having a "real" pool after the salt water on the cruise ship.

We've been to Cozumel several times, and Paradise Beach is our favorite by far. No entrance fee, the service and food are great, a Canadian named Tom roams the beach just to be sure everyone's having a great time, kayaks and snorkel gear are free and plentiful and if you want more exotic water toys the beach next door rents jet skis/banana boat rides etc. We wouldn't go anywhere else.

So, would those of you who have been to Paradise Beach say that you have good snorkeling? We went to a hotel in Cozumel 10 years ago for our honeymoon and had what I call "Great Snorkeling" just outside the hotel. I'm not an expert. Mainly, I would like to see fish and water creatures (NOT SHARKS) but you know what I mean. Is it really clear there too?

Been to Cozumel several times. My favorite beach is on the other side (windward) of the Island. It's called Chin Rio. They have plenty of palapas to sit under, a nice beach, great margaritas, and a swimming area sheltered by a rock outcropping. The best thing is, it's not full of tourists. It' about a twenty minute taxi ride and should cost about $20 each way (depending on how many ships are there). If you go, have Manuel or Willey wait on y'all. Have fun!

Todd

I also agree Chen Rio was paradise. We spent a little time there on our jeep tour and it's so beautiful. Would definatley consider spending the whole day there on our next trip back. Here's the beach:

Image-ECBCE4DDB7DC11D8.jpg

Very nice there! More pictures if you click on my website below.

What people? There were about 6 other people there along with us. That made ten total on this gorgeous stretch of beach! There were 2 or 3 waiters and very friendly. Mom had a VERY strong and good and large margarita!

YEP.... Chen Rio is the place to go ... Manuel will keep the cold ones coming! There is no electricity on that side of the island (so I am told).

We have been there 4 or 5 times - low impact snorkeling, beautiful waves breaking on the rocks, and as previously mentioned - hardly anyone else there. Often the others there are not from the cruise ships, but rather are staying on the Island. We bring our own sandwiches and cookies (YES, from ROOM SERVICE!) and drink their beer... I think it is a 2 drink minumum.

enjoy!

Tom

Correct, very few people visit there.... the most we have ever seen was perhaps 15 to 20 on one occasion.. usually more like 8-10 others... a place to really kick back and RELAX.... if you like crowded "happening" beaches with volleyball and such, then this is NOT your kind of place...

Tom

Archived