Brilliance of the Seas - Europe - June, 2007

Hello. My wife and I will be sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas, out of Barcelona, on June 26, 2007. I'm interested in hearing from anybody else on the same cruise...or from anybody who has already done this itinerary (Nice, Florence, Naples, Venice, Croatia, Corvu, Rome, etc.). I'll leave it wide open to whatever you want to talk about. This is our first trip to Europe after seven Caribbean cruises...all on RCI.

Hope to hear from you.

Ciao. (Sorry. Just practicing.)

Welcome to CruiseCritic! You've come to the right place to get answers to your cruise questions. May I suggest you visit the Europe Port of Call board where you will find a ton of information on those individual ports of call as well as ideas for pre- or post-cruise hotels, private tours, what not to miss, etc? Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

We sailed Brilliance to the Med in June 2005 and loved both the ship (it was our third time sailing her) and the itinerary (we did the Greek Isles itinerary). Doing all the research was half the fun!

Good luck!

Cycler48

you should check the following thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=364046 . This gentleman had a daily report of his June 2006 cruise and ports of call.

You may also want to "lurk" ;) on the different roll calls for the same sailings for this year (Aug 3 & Sept 20). Much of the planning is already done so you may find useful information there also.

Enjoy the planning !

Ciao (also practicing since I will be on the Brilliance Sept 20th)

Cycler

I posted a roll call for the June 26 sailing of Brilliance. Have done a med cruise on Brilliance before, 3 years ago, but with a slightly different itinerary. (Mykonos, Santorini, Athens and originally Kusadasi (but was replaced by Malta) instead of Dubrovnik Corfu and Venice).

Brilliance is a beautiful ship and I'm looking forward to that trip. Also while I have been to France and Italy many times, I always enjoy visiting those cities.

Last time, we did tour most cities on our own, this time we are looking into private tours. We found the official tours to be way too expensive and you don't get to see that much with a big group.

Have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle party yet?

Marc

It's a nice possibility to meet people you might have talked with here before. So if you are interested in this, I would recommend for you to sign up. RCCL will host the party when a cerain number of people sign up.

Marc

Archived