shuttle?

Hey guys -

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I am brand new to this board, and about to be a first time cruiser - yay! We're going on the Fantasy in October, and our travel agent suggested we take a shuttle from Orlando to the port - at a rate of $50.00 per person round trip (there will be 2 adults and 2 children). So the total will be $200.00 round trip. Is there a less expensive way to do this? I'm so excited and appreciate all of the information I've seen on this board so far!

When I went on the Fantasy last month, I just rented a car at the airport through Thifty. Even with the parking cost at the pier I saved $50 over the cost of the shuttle and it was much better having a car at the pier when getting off the ship. You can also look into the limo services that are offered. I don't have any of the web addresses handy, I'm sure others will though.

I do know that some car rental companies will let you rent at the airport drop off close to the pier and shuttle you to the ship. I personally thought that was too much of a hassle.

Enjoy the Fantasy, it is a great ship

Chris

We are renting a car from Budget and spending 2 days in Orlando, then driving to Canaveral. We return the car, put our luggage on the Budget courtesy van, and get a free ride (tipping driver) over to the pier. Do the reverse on the way back, enjoying having a car because our flight isn't until 6 pm. If you do this, call Budget to ask them the days/hours the Canaveral location is open.

We have also dropped a person at the pier with the luggage, then returned the car, and only one person rode the van back. It all depends on how many bags we have!!

Suzy

Archived