hanging flags off of balconies?

Just curious if you're allowed to hang/drape flags over your private balcony? I saw a picture of someone flying a mini University of M*ch*g*n flag off of their balcony and I feel a strong urge to hang my giant Ohio State Buckeye flag off my aft balcony to show off my Buckeye pride. Go Bucks!!

Since the Star Princess fire, there is an increased sensitivity to problems that might arise from passengers leaving flammable items on their balconies. If you do so, don't be too:) surprised if at some point, ship officials ask you to remove it.

I always hang my Bama flag off the balcony, but beware...you'll always have some of those rude Auburn fans(UM for you) who will feel the need to leave you a special note on your cabin door. Imagine, an Auburn fan who can write.:D

Then they run down to their cabin and create their own flag with pencils and tissue paper. They are so talented too.:rolleyes:

When we did our group cruise this past March, we found a flag that had our "logo" It's 5'oclock somewhere. I bought window suction cups that had clips on them. They worked perfect, we put the suction cups on the banister and then just hung the flag on the inside of the glass partion. I would not leave it there while sailing due the winds. During that time, it would hang from our balcony door. Several others in our group had PR cabins and they had them hanging in their windows, so they could see them from the promenade.

Personally, I would not care to see an OSU flag flying....much prefer a huge M.....GO BLUE!

I think it would look really tacky.If you want do do that at your home, and we do, thats a different matter. Whatever your flag is you only are speaking for yourself and don't reflect what other passengers feel. JMHO

We were on a Star Trek groupcruise a couple of years ago and some of the ship officers were Trekkies as well. Someone had brought a "United Federation of Planets" flag and one of the officers had it flying right next to the RCCL flag up above the Viking Crown lounge. :-)

Marc

.... Whatever your flag is you only are speaking for yourself and don't reflect what other passengers feel. JMHO

Exactly, that is why it's on MY balcony. When I say flag, I really mean a banner on my glass door. It isn't something huge that "hangs" off the side of the ship blowing in the wind... but I can spot my balcony when standing on the pier in port. It's much smaller than those blow-up palm trees and other things people use to personalize their balcony. If it makes a person enjoy their vacation more, then go for it. What you place on your balcony shouldn't affect my vacation.

We were on a Star Trek groupcruise a couple of years ago and some of the ship officers were Trekkies as well. Someone had brought a "United Federation of Planets" flag and one of the officers had it flying right next to the RCCL flag up above the Viking Crown lounge. :-)

Marc

I love it!

I always fly my Red Sox flag when in Port. I can see my balcony from shore and knowing that it ticks off the billion Yankee fans helps too!

Go Sox!

Juried

Your 6 World Series flags will not offend a Yankee fan who has 26 flags to display from their balcony.:D

Obviously, given my screen name, I say hang your giant Ohio State flag! Especially if it's response to a giant Michigan (YUCK) flag! :) Although I have to agree that it might be a little tacky, but not as tacky as hanging a Michigan flag!!! ;)

Your 6 World Series flags will not offend a Yankee fan who has 26 flags to display from their balcony.:D

Well said, but I believe you meant 5 World Series flags and not 6. The other championship team did come from Boston, but their team was called the Pilgrims and not the Red Sox, so I don't know if the Red Sox can claim to have won 6 championships. Just a tidbit of info.

Happy sailing to all

I always hang my Bama flag off the balcony, but beware...you'll always have some of those rude Auburn fans(UM for you) who will feel the need to leave you a special note on your cabin door. Imagine, an Auburn fan who can write.:D

Then they run down to their cabin and create their own flag with pencils and tissue paper. They are so talented too.:rolleyes:

LOL....All I have to say is...ROLL TIDE !!! UA Class of 1992 here.

:D

It's a matter of time before people start stringing laundry up and putting old cars up on blocks on "their" balconies.

LOL

If so, they will learn the hard way not to do it again. One CC posted on here that she hung her "unmentionables" on the balcony to dry. She went to get them and they had blown away. :o

I have personally seen towels, T shirts and bathing suits laying on the piers a few times while in ports. Aruba is the best island for seeing that. Nice and windy at all times. ;)

When we did our group cruise this past March, we found a flag that had our "logo" It's 5'oclock somewhere.

OK, where did you get that flag. That is our motto, especially when we dock in Key West @ 7:00 a.m. - "It's 5 o'clock Somewhere!!" :D

Barbara from Philly

P.S. Where did you get that "It's 5 o'cloce somewhere" flag!!

We have a t-shirt from Margaritaville with that saying on it.

Welllllllll....... if everyone else is waving their

flags I might as well raise mine high........

HOOK EM' HORNS (Tx Longhorns!!)

Archived