Has anyone fished in any port?

rokncow

Yes I have taken a ship excursion for fishing.

If there is 2 or less of you it will be cheaper as you pay per person.

If there is 3 or more of you you will save some and have the boat to yourselfif you charter it.

Plus the ship will wait for you if something happens

Steveweese

Can you elaborate on your experience with booking thru the ship. We want to book thru the ship but we have our own gear and prefer to book the boat for just 2 but the website states requires a minimum of four. Is there a way to pay for 4 but show up with 2?

DesertDogs.... Don't know why you can't pay for four and have the boat to your self. As far as gear they provise all. I can't imagine that you would want to take heavy Saltwater gear along with you.

Nancy.......No my harem is still here and still loving JD

We have looked at the excursions for HAL and they all state "catch and release only"

Are there any excursions that let you keep the fish you catch and then charge of fee to package it and send it back home?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Gary and Suzy

Most boats recommed catch and release for billfish. If you catch Dorado or Tuna, you should be able to keep it. When we fished the Sea of Cortez (not on a cruise) we were able to bring fish back. I think you should be able to make arrangements with the boat to clean your catch and bring it back as long as you have a way to keep it cold or frozen. Bring an ice chest if you have room.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that..guess we should look into doing it at another port? How is P.V. for that? We are already planned on for Mazatlan and was thinking about the zip lines in P.V. but I guess we wont be able to fish anywhere else? Thanks again for your reply

DH and I have fished Cabo (and Loreto, & Kona etc) - but for Mexico, lately the trend seems to be catch and release for Billfish, except Cabo. Most other species can be fileted, smoked and/or sealed and sent home. Normally the ships dont let you take your catch aboard, I have never heard of anyone taking theirs back onboard. my two cents...I'll try to get info on the boat, but when you tender in to the dock in Cabo - they are all over the marina and port area - lots of good deals to be had. Negotiate for drinks, bait, length of time out, what you are going for and be sure to make sure they have adequate equipment, such as a decent gaff, hooks (yes, really) and poles, etc. You can go from vendor to vendor and make a deal or just go with the ships shorex and know that its all taken care of - more dinero but worth it, besides, they'll wait for you! Tight lines! Fish on! Enjoy your cruise!:)

Sign me, the Marlin Wrangler

Jackie_Marlin_Small2.jpg.b7fd09f25cb2ac4ae1f1e4e153b4da40.jpg

Archived