Belize

the last time I read anything on Belize there was talk that you have to have passport to be able to disembark there. Is this correct? I have friends going in October on the Elation and Belize will be one of the ports. They don't travel out of the country much and if thy don't need one would rather not get one.

Technically you do not have to have a passport to disembark in Belize City.

The ship declares everyone's nationality before you disembark.

However, sometimes the unexpected can happen. :eek:

If you haven't already read our story, I believe it is still active on the old board at the following link:

Masq's incredible adventure http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=969097554&m=5533084267&r=875102861#875102861

I don't mean to scare you, but we never dreamed anything like this would or could happen. I know a passport is expensive, but I feel it's a good thing to have when leaving the country..... even on a cruise ship.

Masq! OMG!!!:eek: (I kept meaning to read your "incredible adventure" on the old board, but never got around to it.)

However, I just spent the entire past hour-plus reading and staring in astonishment! I laughed a coupla times at your humor, but for the most part, I really and truly cannot believe what all happened to y'all.

Amazing, absolutely amazing! :eek: This would make a great Chevy Chase movie!

Thanks Cotton :)

The best thing is that we made some great friends out of the ordeal and are cruising again together in January. We can't wait. Brian & Sally will be able to get the full cruise experience on thier second crusie since they missed a lot of it on thier first. :D

masq--just finished ready the "old board" regarding your "adventure". What an amazing group with unbelievable tolerance! I would love to read if it has finally ended with the airline, cruiseline, and insurance. Is there more?

tpear3

I would say it's pretty much over. Northwest ponied up some money to two couples (the ones w/o travel insurance) and the travel insurance covered the other two couples for the delay of trip expenses. I'm not sure if Richard even bothered to go after any compensation. :)

Archived