Port Canaveral accommodations -need input

I am trying to decide on where to stay for our Aug. 27 cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. I have read that a lot of cruisers like the Radisson and I am considering it. :rolleyes: However, I would like to stay on the beach but near the port. Has anybody stayed at the Ron Jon Resort? How far is it from the port? Any other suggestions on where to stay would be appreciated. :) Thanks

I am trying to decide on where to stay for our Aug. 27 cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. I have read that a lot of cruisers like the Radisson and I am considering it. :rolleyes: However, I would like to stay on the beach but near the port. Has anybody stayed at the Ron Jon Resort? How far is it from the port? Any other suggestions on where to stay would be appreciated. :) Thanks

Never stayed there, but have friends that have, they enjoyed their stay immensly. It is also right on Port Canveral

I also wanted to stay on the beach so this month when I went I spent the night before at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach. I had a beachfront room with a balcony. Like most of the places in the area it is a motel - comfortable but not luxurious. The location is great - walking distance to a number of restaurants including the Cocoa Beach Pier. It was a very short shuttle ride to the port. Enjoying the sunrise from my balcony was perfect.

I also wanted to stay on the beach so this month when I went I spent the night before at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach. I had a beachfront room with a balcony. Like most of the places in the area it is a motel - comfortable but not luxurious. The location is great - walking distance to a number of restaurants including the Cocoa Beach Pier. It was a very short shuttle ride to the port. Enjoying the sunrise from my balcony was perfect.

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn - Cocoa Beach. The Hampton's rooms need a redo on the bedding, as I beleive all Hilton owned hotels will be getting soon. It was just ok, not great. They did have a shuttle that picked you up at 11 to take you to the pier for $5pp. If you are driving there you can also leave your car there until you get back from the cruise (its free). Ron Jons is only about 10 minutes from the pier as is the Hampton. We took a cab from the ship back to the car in Cocoa beach and it was $20.

We stayed at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe resort 2 summers ago. It was gorgeous. We got a great deal since it was brand new. The rates have gone up so we are going to try the brand new Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral. If you want someplace special, you should try the Ron Jon.

I got the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach for $85 per night on Priceline. The hotel is nice (3 stars) and is on the beach.

That sounds like a good deal! How far is it from the port?

We stayed in the new Residence Inn and it was very nice, however it's not on the beach. They had a good hot breakfast and they use the Cocoa Beach shuttle service for $8 per person round trip to the port and you can leave your car at the hotel for free. The Residence is the closest hotel to the port, and we left the hotel at 11:00 and were off the shuttle by 11:30(there was a lot of bus traffic at the port, so we had to sit and wait a bit). The port was crowded that morning and they didn't let us on the ship until 12:15, so it was a bit of a wait, but well worth getting there early.

We stayed at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe last summer. There are 2 Ron Jon's, Caribe is the newest. We had a great 2 bedroom suite. It is on the beach, with a little tram that you can ride to & from the beach. There are lots of activities, game room, mini golf, large pool, pool bar and a restaurant. It is very close to the port. I got up early on our departure day and watched 2 ships enter the port. It was still dark and the ship lights were beautiful! We parked our cars in Ron Jon's lot and took a van to port. I believe it was called Spaceport Transport. The driver monitored the ships progress during disembarkation and called us when they were close to finishing. He picked us up and we were onboard in 30 minutes. It would definitely recommend this place!

If you decide to stay near the port, either the Radisson or the brand new Residence Inn next door are nice and convenient. Both offer a hot breakfast complimentary. Both offer free parking and a shuttle. The Residence Inn uses Cocoa Beach Shuttle service for a small fee. However, when you disembark there is the advantage of them waiting for you rather than calling the hotel.

Have a great trip!

We stayed at the Oceanside Inn right on Cocoa Beach right next to the pier. I found a $59/nte deal on visitflorida.com in May...wasn't sure what we would find...we were VERY pleasantly surprised...it was a lovely hotel...every room had it's own balcony, very nicely landscaped, nice pool, very clean...excellent service...it was a great choice! The only down side was there is music til midnite on the pier on Sat eve...but it wasn't loud enough to keep us awake or be disturbed by it.

Another vote for Ron Jon's, especially if you have kids. We tacked on a couple of days at the end of our family cruise, and the kids had a blast at the swimming area (lazy river, big water slide and huge swimming pool). The rooms are great for families, too -- we had seven in a two-bedroom unit and were quite comfortable. :)

Last November, we stayed at the Hilton Cocoa Beach. It was very nice, right on the beach and recently remodeled due to the damage caused by the Hurrican earlier in the season.

No balconies, but nice views and a great bar on the beach. Check out pictures in my webshots link below.

Got on Hotwire for $64.00. People coming in behind me paid $140.00

Love the Hotwire, but I know it is a gamble. I picked the 4 star option on the beach.

Happy Cruising

When we stayed at the Residence Inn in June, we were charged $6 pp round trip. I wonder if they went up as we are returning with 6 people in December.

Just read a post on another board from Julie who works at Residence Inn and she said it was $3.00 one way or $6.00 round trip.

Also I'm pretty sure the Residence Inn is sold out for the date in question .

Bill

I have probably waited too late for the Radisson and the Residence.:( Has anybody stayed at the new Country Inns & Suites and have comments on it? I have really got to make a decision today.:rolleyes: Our cruise is less than a month away!!! I had rather stay at the beach but it really isn't that big of a deal since we are going to be around water for a week on the cruise. :) I appreciate all of the information that I have received. Thanks.

We stayed south of the Port in Courtyard. they were remodeling then, no beach but no beach rate.. found an awesome seafood restaurant close as well that prepared the best i have ever enjoyed. the drive to the port was easy, always stay close. enjoy the Mariner. she is beautiful but i'll take the Vision class over Voyager class, too big, too many people, and food not quite as good.. the wine bar is great.. have a great time. Crusing on Rhapsody next week then Radience in Jan.

We stayed south of the Port in Courtyard. they were remodeling then, no beach but no beach rate.. found an awesome seafood restaurant close as well that prepared the best i have ever enjoyed. the drive to the port was easy, always stay close. enjoy the Mariner. she is beautiful but i'll take the Vision class over Voyager class, too big, too many people, and food not quite as good.. the wine bar is great.. have a great time. Crusing on Rhapsody next week then Radience in Jan.

Thanks. Do you remember the name of the seafood restaurant? We might have to check it out.

Archived