Miami Art Deco Bus Tour w/FLL Transfer

cruisinMImom

Carnival is offering this tour when our ship returns to Port of Miami. Has anyone taken this tour? Is it worth the $33 per person? (free for our toddlers)

I have a group of 8 We need to get from Port of Miami to catch our 5pm flight at Fort Lauderdale Airport. This bus tour will take us there, along with our luggage, and so that's kinda cool. They only offer it to those who have flights after 4pm; so I know we won't miss our flight.

I don't want to sit at the airport for 5 hours, so I think this tour would be a good idea. I've never really seen Miami/South Beach, so it would be nice to check it out rather than rush to airport like we usually do.

The transfers thru Carnival cost $20 each pp, including $20 for each toddler! I really don't want to pay Carnival $80 for my family of four when I could do this tour and only pay $66 (my DH and I since our toddlers go for free).

Just wondering if anyone out there has done this tour and like it. Thanks!

Can you post a description of the tour and the length. Not familiar with this particular tour, but do know the Art Deco District and SOBE. $66 is a good deal for you. No hassles. But sometimes tours are cancelled due to insufficient ticket sales, so you might want to have a backup plan, like renting a car and touring this area on your own. Just stop at the Art Deco Welcome Center at 10th and Ocean Drive.

Can you post a description of the tour and the length. Not familiar with this particular tour, but do know the Art Deco District and SOBE. $66 is a good deal for you. No hassles. But sometimes tours are cancelled due to insufficient ticket sales, so you might want to have a backup plan, like renting a car and touring this area on your own. Just stop at the Art Deco Welcome Center at 10th and Ocean Drive.

Thanks for the info, Howard!

I called Carnival directly to get more info on this today. I know that total length of the tour is 3 hours - including getting us back to FLL. The rep said this tour is only avail to book directly on the ship. And that is when the full details would be available (start/end time, etc.).

I can understand why this tour may need to be "tweaked" to customize each cruise.

Here's what info is given on Carnival's website:

Take an excursion of one of the most unique and exciting places in the world, South Beach and its historic Art-Deco District.

On this excursion you will:

Enjoy an exciting guided bus tour of Miami Beach’s world-renowned South Beach / Art-Deco area.

See the homes of the rich & famous that reside in Miami.

See fast cars, glamorous people, sizzling beaches and live entertainment.

Have the opportunity to adventure out into South Beach after the guided excursion.

Step upon the # 1 urban beach in the United States, rated in the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world.

Stroll down famous Ocean Drive and see the famous Versace mansion.

Have a wonderful lunch in one of the many outdoor cafes or restaurants in the area.

Shop on Collins Avenue where many unique designer shops are located.

Note: This excursion is suitable for guests with flights after 4:00 p.m. from Ft. Lauderdale International Airport.

Still sounds like a good deal for you and your family. It's a short ride from the pier to the Art Deco District. A ride around and then dropping you off for shopping, people watching, and time to have lunch, and venture into some of the restored hotels, should make the day go quickly.

Archived