Royal Suite

This is my first post - so be gentle:)

I have the royal suite booked on Explorer. Just wondering if anyone has cruised recently in this suite - what should I expect? I have read several different threads and all vary on what was included in the suite. So, if you've been in the Royal Suite recently on a voyager-class ship, please drop me a line. Thanks so much. You guys/gals are awesome - overflowing with information.

C: Welcome to Cruise Critic! This is, indeed, an amazing community of the cruise addicted and obsessed! When in doubt, *we* know more and better information than the phone-answerers at Royal Caribbean.

I did a quick search using the "search" button in the blue navigation bar at the top of the page, and here's the first relevant hit I got:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=371564

We stayed in RS about a year ago. We loved all the extra space - but booked it for its balcony hot tub, which was fabulous! I spent a lot of time, day & sunset, sipping bubbly in the bubble tubby, watching the waves sail by - my idea of paradise! If it gets too boring out there:D you can go in the giant gorgeous jacuzzi in the palatial marble bath. Or in the giant, multi-nozzle shower. Can you tell I'm a water baby? There's a separate room with toilet & sink. Then there's the self-playing or do-it-yourself grand piano, wet bar with stocked water, soda & when we sailed, several bottles of spirits. 2 large pop-up flat screen TV's & 2 stereo systems (LR & BR). The bedroom has a king sized, curved bed, vanities, large closet, & another door out to the hot tub on the balcony. Giant entryway. We had good service, but nothing different from other cruises in other types of suites & JR's. Special em- & de- barkation areas. Any other questions, just ask away! It's fun to remember such a special suite.

First of all Welcome to CC this is the place for all the best info and some of the nicest people just don't ask about jeans in the dinning room and you shoud be fine:rolleyes: LOL Sounds like you are getting first rate info from the best Trixie tell more sound like the prefect place:D Carol gald to hear all was well with your group and you all are safe. I was so looking forward to your reports every time. You never missed a beat BRAVO:). ENJOY everyone. SAIL ON

POLARISMOM of 4.

Thanks for the quick replies. Just a few questions for Trixie - did they refill the soda/water/spirits? I have read that it's not really a "hot tub", but more like a jacuzzi that has to be filled everytime, is that true? I am also a water lover - my reasoning for the suite. One bathroom or two? Did you host any parties in there? Can you tell me a little more about priority for boarding and disembarking? Thanks again.

I was in the RS on the Navigator in 03. It was great. There was not hot tub on the balcony. My only complaint is I never met or saw a room stewered. I would have thouught with a suite like that I would have. The bar was stocked but I didnt know to take advantage of it. We did take the colas and such but didnt touch the liquor. I remember little things like every day around 3 the doorbell would ring and there was some kind of treat delivered. One day was cookies, one was candy, one was even sushi. We did also receive an invitation to sit at the captains table. We opted to stay with our party. We were also allowed in the Concierge club but in all honesty didnt want to leave the suite! Another funny thing is that if our door was ever open, for whatever reason people were sticking their heads in. Your going to love it! Happy sailing and enjoy!

We were in the RS on the Explorer in June and things have changed from the year before. The room is very big and for 2 people it is amazing. If you have more than 2, with people sleeping in the living room it's not ideal. The room is very impressive to look at, not practically laid out, but beautiful. We loved the large balcony and the kids did go in the hot tub once and loved it. It is like a jacuzzi that you have to fill every time. It fit 2 kids, 2 adults could fit but it would be tight. It was very nice to have there but never found the time to hop in myself. I loved the lounge chairs and table for reading and eating breakfast on the balcony. There's a large table for room service dining and a wet bar. The refrigerator is stocked wit soda and candy but you will pay for anything that is consumed. You are greated with a bottle of champagne that was kept on ice all week but no other alcohol is given to you anymore. We did receive a plate of treats once but never again during the 9 nights. We did not recieve an invitation to the captains table. We ate in the table next to the captain and I don't think the captain even ate in the dining room the entire cruise. I did see him come into the concierge lounge once with friends. We weren't introduced but his wife seemed very nice. I did love the butler's pantry that I've never seen mentioned here for storing luggage and dirty clothes. It made packing very easy.

There is one bathroom. It is set up with the toilet area seperated by a door from the shower area. You can access the toilet from the living area and the bedroom. I would have loved the room to have had 2 toilet areas. The shower is huge, you could have a party in the shower itself. The bathroom is beautiful.

You do have a special area to embark but there is no special area for disembard. The concierge said we could wait in the lounge which quickly filled so we sat on chairs and the floor outside the lounge and waited for the call like everyone else. We were able to ask for white tags to be the first groups called but we did have to ask for them. We did enjoy the concierge lounge but that and the large room really are the only perks you get now with the RS. It's sad because we were told of all the old perks when we booked the cruise but RCL changed the way they did things last year and we didn't get what promised at booking. Luckily, we knew from reading here that the perks were gone so we were expecting anything special and weren't disappointed. You will have a wonderful cruise and really enjoy the RS.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions you may have.

We've booked the Royal Suite next month on the Enchantment and I must say that I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of perks that come with it. We usually cruise NCL and get at least a penthouse so we've become a bit spoiled in terms of the perks and amenities we receive because they do a great job in looking after their suite customers. At least we know prior to boarding what to expect, so thank you for your comments Sweetspot. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello...we have booked the Royal Suite on the Explorer for October and have several unanswerable questions too:

1-Can we pay to have the bar continually stocked with our favorite booze while we are onboard (like Captain Morgan's "Tattoo" and Remy Martin XO) and assorted juices and mixers?

2-Can we have a sailaway party open house in our room right after the muster drill with lots of special food and drinks? How do we arrange this?

3-Can we get extra keys so our cruising buddies can enjoy the TV, jacuzzi, shower and SPACE etc. whenever they want to?

4-Is there a DVD player in the room?

5-Does anyone know the name and brand of the player piano so we can bring our OWN choice of music CD's for it to play for us?

6-Is the cabin door metal or wood?

7-Does the room steward really do anything extra for you? Would he know how to self-tie a bowtie?

8-Has anyone tried the CyberCabin internet connection in this suite?

Guess that's all for now.......

Archived