weight of a 12 pack

I hope this is not asked often, i could not find it on the search.

My wife and I want to bring 2-3 12 packs of coke products, and some bottled water to drink in the room. (a lot of lifting to save a buck I know).

My question is this. does anyone know the weight of an average 12 pack of cans. I dont want to have a surprise at the airport, and have to pay $25 for my $3 12 pack of coke.

thanks all,

Jon

I hope this is not asked often, i could not find it on the search.

My wife and I want to bring 2-3 12 packs of coke products, and some bottled water to drink in the room. (a lot of lifting to save a buck I know).

My question is this. does anyone know the weight of an average 12 pack of cans. I dont want to have a surprise at the airport, and have to pay $25 for my $3 12 pack of coke.

thanks all,

Jon

A Google search shows Amazon ships 6 packs of Coke for $9.40 at a rate of .79 per lb. The calculator shows the weight to be 11.8987341772151 pounds.

I hope there is a chiropractor on board.

A six pack of Coke would be 6---- 12 oz cans-----or 72 oz per six pack-------or 4.5lbs per six pack

3 six packs would total 216 oz or 13.5 lbs

Wow! That adds up quick. I guess I'll have to buy my beer onboard!

An empty can weights 13.6 grams

Density of beer is: 1.05 gr/cm3

12 oz = 355 ml = 355 cm3

Weight of 12 cans: 13.6 * 12 = 163.2 grams

Weight of 12 beers: 355 cm3 * 1.05 gr/cm3 * 12 = 4,473 grams

Total: 4636.2 grams = 4.6362 kilos = 10.22 pounds

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I am a new cruiser here BUT from reading these boards it looks like you can buy the pop and water on the way FROM the airport to the port. Just ask your driver to do a pit stop. That way you won't pay the weight charge to bring it on the plane.

Boo

Ok, I am a new cruiser here BUT from reading these boards it looks like you can buy the pop and water on the way FROM the airport to the port. Just ask your driver to do a pit stop. That way you won't pay the weight charge to bring it on the plane.

Boo

You also won't have to worry about it breaking / exploding / leaking all over your luggage. Would be a shame to ruin a suitcase full of clothes to save 10 bucks, eh?

If you bring your own soda like this, do you have to pack it in a suitcase to put it on the ship with checked luggage or do you carry it on board with your carry on stuff?

And how much carry on baggage do they let you actually carry on? Thanks in advance. We're considering the soda cards for our trip, but this might not be a bad idea either. 2 12pks might do it for us.

If you bring your own soda like this, do you have to pack it in a suitcase to put it on the ship with checked luggage or do you carry it on board with your carry on stuff?

And how much carry on baggage do they let you actually carry on? Thanks in advance. We're considering the soda cards for our trip, but this might not be a bad idea either. 2 12pks might do it for us.

Reasonable amounts of soda are allowed, and you don't have to pack in a suitcase.

I've never heard of a limit to the amount of baggage you carry on the cruise ship. Just keep in mind, it's difficult to manage numerous bags/cases of soda while going through the check in lines. Maybe you could duck tape the cases together and use a wheeling luggage cart to carry the soda. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Jon,

On liquid weight in America it is a standard.

Always remember a pint a pound the world around.

Water is the only compound H20 which expand in any state ..vapor solid liquid but the weights still stay the same...:)

Its not the old which is heavier. A pound of AU (Gold) or a pound of feathers...

A:+ Yes, feathers are/do weigh more as the method of weighing is different.:eek:

We do bring aboard US Soda on our voyages as the taste as well is so much different in other Countries and parts of the World.

You may have seen (o-o) Coke Coca Cola is adding a line to it...now.. Coffee.. No not the new old coffee yet...:eek:

I will NEVER purchase another soda/drink card from a cruiseline. We recently cruised on the Caribbean Princess and the first day onboard there is a high pressure waitstaff shoving these refillable souvenir drink cups at you as you enter the dining rooms and pool areas. The cost: $27.65 per cup w/free refills. Not too bad if you are on a 7-day cruise like we were, right? Wrong!

They immediately added 15% to the price of the cup for gratuity which meant that the $27 cup is now $31.79. We had a four country itinerary that took us away from the ship the majority of those four days and we never got to use the cup (even on their private island). To top it off, it was not always easy to have the cup refilled unless you frequented a bar or caught a waitstaff during dinner.

I regretted the decision but I'm glad I had the foresight to buy only one. I prefer Pepsi - which they did not have onboard. My daughter prefers Coke/Sprite so that worked for her. Even sharing the bottle, we never got more than 10-12 refills the entire week. I did see one passenger bring on a 12-pack of Coke (which is allowed) strapped by Bunji cords to his luggage. Very smart.

When we docked in Jamaica, one of the local shops in port sold 20 oz. Pepsi's. I simply purchased four of these at $1 to last me thru the end of the cruise. Although they have water (with Lemon), coffee, tea, orange and cranberry juice (breakfast only) to drink on the buffets, it was nice to have something that fizzed. Next time I will know for sure to bring the bottles in my luggage and this will leave space for any souvenirs that I bring back. The $4 sure beats out $32.

Archived