regent two for one

jamimi0

thanks dougburns. so it says standard cruise fare 17,995., then best available fare first person 8998. and second person 8998. my travel agent says it does not mean two for one. i understand that fees, etc. may not be included, but are you saying i can pay 8998. for one of us and both of us can sail? again, thanks. i'm new at all this and have many questions. i'm guessing goldpoints must be like ff points and since this will probably my only cruise ever, then i'm more interested in a lesser fare than points.

May I ask WHERE are you finding standard cruise fare of $17995? I just checked RSSC website and the most expensive suite is not that much, including port charges.

here's where i'm getting the info. i go to the regent website, then i click on alaska, from the listing of alaska cruises, i choose the may 12, 2007 departure, then click on the price listed, 3998.00, single 2 for 1. then i find the list of prices for the different suites. etc.

OK.

From RSSC website, Standard Cruise Fare per person is $7995+$350port =$8345 for Class H. Then next to it Best Available Fare $4498+$350 for the 1st person and $4498+$350 for the 2nd person.

This mean you pay $9696 for 2 people instead of $8345 per person.:)

wow. that seems too good to be true. can you tell me how to access that info. on the site. i must be looking at something different. would certainly like to show this to my t.a. i am looking at the seven seas suite. thanks much.

If cost is a concern, why are you looking at the Seven Seas Suite? That's one of the few very large suites on the ship, with a large living area; it's a cabin fully twice the size of a standard cabin on the Mariner. If that's what you want for your once-in-a-lifetime cruise, then go for it! But if you're looking to enjoy the Regent cruise experience without breaking the bank, you're likely to be quite happy in one of the standard size staerooms for roughly half the price. All the fares are listed on the same page, and clicking on each category of room will give you details about the size and layout.

(For me, I'd rather go on two cruises for the same money I'd have to spend for a large suite on one cruise!)

Remember also that the prices you see don't include the $350 per person port fees mentioned at the bottom of the fares page, and there may be an additional fuel surcharge.

-- Eric

My apologies for MY being confused with the numbers; brain obviously not fully engaged. cwc's explanation is spot on! Mariner is a beautiful ship and Alaska is spectacular!

i called the cruise expert number listed on the rssc site and she said that the cost for two people in that suite is 17,995. the two for one means that the regular price for one person on that cruise in that suite is 17, 995. (imagine!) and they are giving you two fares for that price, thus two for one. interesting.

anyway, cost is not really an issue for this trip and i did want a spectacular cabin. may also consider a horizon suite or a penthouse. i just really loved the idea of the balcony configuraton in the seven seas mariner suite. will probably still go for it. i just hope it is a good cabin for beginning cruisers.

thanks everyone for the input. i really appreciate the help.

Archived