Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Hi: Has anyone sailed w/ Darin Wynn on any ship? Any feedback is appreciated. Our first NCL on Jewel 10-30? A good CD can make a world of difference...

Thanks in advance.

I corrected the name on a later post, its Darin Wyman...we enjoyed him alot..he didn't spend all day on the PA system.....:D

I corrected the name on a later post, its Darin Wyman...we enjoyed him alot..he didn't spend all day on the PA system.....:D

Thanks, much! It has to be a + not to have someone on the PA all day! Also, I forgot to ask: Is there 'filtered music" in the cabin which we can adjust/turn off? sometimes that's more pleasant that having the TV on all the time in the cabin..Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Rich. When you mentioned his name earlier but didn't provide any info, I was afraid that spoke words. :D Good to know you liked him. I'm with UandMe4ever--I love a good CD.

BTW, is he the Darin Wyman who sings? I saw a U-Tube video with someone by that name singing. And look at this link about the release of Darin Wyman's CD called "Rockin on the High Seas." Is that our Darin?

Thanks, Rich. When you mentioned his name earlier but didn't provide any info, I was afraid that spoke words. :D Good to know you liked him. I'm with UandMe4ever--I love a good CD.

BTW, is he the Darin Wyman who sings? I saw a U-Tube video with someone by that name singing. And look at this link about the release of Darin Wyman's CD called "Rockin on the High Seas." Is that our Darin?

Yepp this is him http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Darin+Wyman&search_type=&aq=f

He can really play...Dont miss rock night and he puts an interesting spin on the NCL Farewell Song too.

Yepp this is him http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Darin+Wyman&search_type=&aq=f

He can really play...Dont miss rock night and he puts an interesting spin on the NCL Farewell Song too.

As if I wasn't excited enough already! THANK YOU, Rich! Now I'm going over to my rollcall thread and make everyone else happy! :D

Over the past several years I've cruised on NCL an average of once ot twice a year -- not a lot, but often enough to become acquainted with (usually) the Hotel Director, Cruise Director, Concierge, and occasionally the F & B Director on the various ships/cruises. With only a few exceptions, I've enjoyed getting to know these folks and have looked forward to crossing paths again on future NCL cruises.

Thinking it would be nice to know which C.D., H.D., or Concierge is going to be on an upcoming cruise, I've asked NCL's reservations office if they know who will be on a specific cruise -- and always inquire only a week or so before sailing because these positions change personnel frequently, as individuals go on vacation, etc. However, no one I've spoken to has been able to identify the names of any senior staff *currently* assigned to a given ship, irrespective of how much longer they will be working on that ship. I am about to give it up as a lost cause. Is there any way to access such information that I've overlooked?

Thanks!

Currently on the Dawn. Hugo is Hotel Director, Alain Food and Beverage, Anoop (former butler) just started as Concierge--a much deserved promotion--Anshuman returns in January. Butlers are Huda (sp?), John, and Akhmad...all terrific. Shona is Cruise Director. Captain Svedung just returned. A truly great team. MANY familiar faces on the crew for frequent Dawn cruisers.

Thanks for posting the great news about Anoop - he was last year on our Dawn to Bermuda cruise and we're not surprised that he's moved up to concierge! He was a fantastic butler and I don't doubt that he'll be an equally great concierge.

That is so cool about Darin! I recognized his infamous black striped shirt I the video.

He was truly amazing when we sailed the Spirit. The guy would be up late at night entertaining and then you would see him early the next morning with a smile on his face.

Good for him!!

Dawn

Currently on the Dawn. Hugo is Hotel Director, Alain Food and Beverage, Anoop (former butler) just started as Concierge--a much deserved promotion--Anshuman returns in January. Butlers are Huda (sp?), John, and Akhmad...all terrific. Shona is Cruise Director. Captain Svedung just returned. A truly great team. MANY familiar faces on the crew for frequent Dawn cruisers.

REALLY hoping Anoop is our concierge for the Oct 18th sailing! he was phenomenal as a butler last year.

On the October 3rd sailing of the Star, the following crew were aboard:

Captain - Lars Bergstrom

Hotel Director - Rosita Schandy

Chief Engineer - Roar Hamre

Cruise Director - Ray Carr

Food & Beverage - Ivo Belev

Executive Chef - Andreas Dymke

Concierge - Simone Weigel

Deck 10 Butler - Edgardo

If I understood correctly from what she told me, Simone will be leaving on November 7th.

• 2 weeks later...

Though we are not on the Majesty's final run, Philly to Bermuda, I was wondering who some of the staff are, and who the entertainers have been on recent Majesty cruises. We happened to see the Majesty departing from Hamilton on our Oct 4th Dawn cruise to Bermuda.

Though we are not on the Majesty's final run, Philly to Bermuda, I was wondering who some of the staff are, and who the entertainers have been on recent Majesty cruises. We happened to see the Majesty departing from Hamilton on our Oct 4th Dawn cruise to Bermuda.

Here are a couple of names I remember from our October 3rd cruise:

Hotel Director: Brian Walters

Concierge: Florentina Popa

Cruise Director: Denny Anderson

Entertainment:

Production shows performed by the Norwegian Majesty Production Company

Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons tribute group: Oh, What a Night (they were quite good, by the way)

I know it's a little early but does anyone know who will be concierge on the Jewel week of the 24th of January? I do know Anca is on the Jewel now..I do hope she is still there in Jan. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thank you.

I know it's a little early but does anyone know who will be concierge on the Jewel week of the 24th of January? I do know Anca is on the Jewel now..I do hope she is still there in Jan. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thank you.

I believe Carlos will be back sometime in December....

Here are a couple of names I remember from our October 3rd cruise:

Hotel Director: Brian Walters

Concierge: Florentina Popa

Cruise Director: Denny Anderson

Entertainment:

Production shows performed by the Norwegian Majesty Production Company

Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons tribute group: Oh, What a Night (they were quite good, by the way)

Thanks; the Frankie Valli group sounds interesting!!

Archived