Embarkation contradiction??

spikewpg

Okay, I know you can get on the ship early but how early and why does Carnival contradict itself on its website? There, they have a big warning not to arrive more than 30 minutes before embarkation time which is 1.30pm in Fort Lauderdale, for customs reasons. Yet on the Carnival Caper for sail day it says that the Embarkation lunch starts at noon??

Just find that interesting. Oh yeah, what time should I arrive for a FL departure on the Liberty?

:rolleyes: how about 30 minutes before what time the capers say lunch starts?:p Ok, sorry, just couldn't pass it up:p Can't help ya there, only been on one cruise, and it was out of Miami. We got to our port around 11:30 or so, and it took less than an hour to get onboard, and there were already plenty of people milling around the ship. Good luck, I'm sure someone here will be able to answer your question, and have fun on your cruise:)

Embarkation starts when the last cruise passengers are all off the ship. If Carnival were to say that, people would be arriving at the pier at 6AM just to be the first onboard. Then it would be a mess at the piers with everyone arriving while the last passengers are trying to debark the ship.

It's kind of like a rating for a light fixture. They say to put in a 60 watt bulb but it can handle a 75. If they said 75, someone would try a 100 watter which it can't handle.

As for the meal starting before official embarkation times, there are people on the ships who do back to back cruising. They don't have to get off the ship so it should start at normal times.

As for the meal starting before official embarkation times, there are people on the ships who do back to back cruising. They don't have to get off the ship so it should start at normal times.

I would also add to that, that there are also wedding parties etc. that board early as well.

It is also away for Carnival to cover itself in the event of boarding delays.

Well you have immigration, customs, security, getting people to settle up their bills. Some cruises you have alot of problems and some you don't. When all complete the ship can start debarkation. When its complete and each cruise can be a different time, they will start embarkation, which can be a different time on each cruise/port and cruise line. Anywhere from 1100 on. One time it was 1230 till we could start to get on, never know. Saw one that it was 2 in the afternoon till they started, because of problems.

With all kinds of possible delays (customs, ship getting in late, etc), it is better for Carnival to have a standard, late boarding time as opposed to announcing an earlier one. If something happens and you have to wait in line for 2 hours when you arrive at 11, they can say ... look, we told you not to come until 1. :)

:rolleyes: It's really not that big a deal. Since folks are arriving earlier and earlier to the pier, they're probably trying to get a little more leeway in turnaround time.

The passengers from the previous cruise are getting off (possibly a delayed debarkation, customs delays, etc.), the crew is trying to get everything ready for the new arrivals. I can see it would be a hassle with new arrivals trying to get on the ship too early.

I usually get to the pier around 11 or 11:30, and I'm on the ship having lunch around noonish. I just can't see getting there like some folks do at 10am. My goodness - the stewards are working their butts off trying to get all the cabins ready, plus all the other crew members in their areas.

Think about it - 2,000 people off - 2,000 people on. It's a lot to deal with in such a short time. Give 'em a break. :)

Archived