News Papers Onboard - I've ansered my own questions

Hblanton

First, all so enclined please call me what I am - a dweeb, a bore, I guy who doesn't know what vation is about.

I am the one obscessed with the small format newspweprs that can be ordered onboard for $5 each.

I make no arugment that I NEED the WSJ for $5 an issue. i can live without it. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE new newspapers, and alway the highlight of my lonely, desparate cruise adventure is sitting on my balcony with room service breakfast and some scrap of a paper to read.

Congtrary to what you may have heard, RSSC DOES subscribe to NewspaperDiret.This little techno frappe lets you get printed copies of a news paper when the editors put it to bed (so, the WSJ at around 2AM when sailing to Europe.) ALL the content is threre for all 4 sections - ads includd. It is schrunk down to a smaller (A3) broadsheet size, but it is clean, crisp and no problem to read

In the grand scheme of things fetishing the paper seems really silly, I know. But getting a real paper every day, even at a "oh so not all included price" seems like a bit much, for me (and maybe some lurkers) it is a major + to the vacation experience. Look on the brightsied, I am much happier spending $5 to read a paper than to spend $5 surfing the net on the same sites reading some of the materials.

The samples I got are reallyjust little jewels. I fear I may sleep with one under my pillow Breakfast on the private balcony, a good meaty paper (you can atually buy USA Today for the same $5, but I will clearly not be dining with THOSE people) defines the first 2-4 hours of each and every day of my trip at sea.

God Bless You RSSC.

But what is the deal with the NY Times? We really only have 1 paper in this country (I never lived in NYC and have lived in Calfifornia for over 20 years - but the truth is the trush regardless of political pursuasion or geographic location.) How can it be that the Times is not on the roll call of papers available?

Sorry for typing all....late

HLY

Per the RSSC website (under the mycruises option there is a "virtual butler") this is the list they identify:

USA Today (M-F) The Wall Street Journal (M-F)The Los Angeles Times (M-Sa) The Miami Herald (M-Sa)The Daily Mirror (UK, M-Sa) The Times (UK, M-F)The Sydney Morning Herald (M-S) The National Post (Canada, M-S)Le Monde (France, Excl. Mon) El Nuevo Herald (USA/Spa M-S)

What is wierd is it appears that newspaperdirect lets you print some 250+ papers, so maybe this list is for convienence and they actually let you get any of them.

Archived