Movie: "Open Water"

Just saw a preview last night of the movie "Open Water".

A couple goes on a recreational scuba diving expedition while they're on vacation, but when they re-emarge from the depths, they find to their shock and dismay that they have been accidentally stranded in the middle of the ocean in shark-infested waters.

Yikes.

I saw a preview for that at the theatre. Does anyone know when it's coming out? Looks more scary than Jaws, ewwww!

Happy Sailing!...(stay on the ship):D

I saw a preview for that at the theatre. Does anyone know when it's coming out? Looks more scary than Jaws, ewwww!

Happy Sailing!...(stay on the ship):D

According to movies.yahoo.com it is being released on 8/6/04

I also saw the preview for "Christmas with the Kranks" starring Tim Allen & Dan Ackroyd. Tim Allen is sick of Christmas & wants to go on a Carnival cruise instead!

boxofficeprophets.com/tickermaster/listing.cfm?TMID=1013

According to Derf's little link up there (do all of you just skim over his posts??????)...that movie is already on video. It was released in 2003.

Beg to differ with you. I was in the movie theatre this weekend & saw both movies being previewed for upcoming releases. These are definitely not out on video yet.

I beg to differ as well. I just saw the preview at the theatre a couple of weeks ago. You must be thinking of another movie. The Deep end of the Ocean maybe? Just a thought...

Happy Sailing!!

Romy

Skipping Christmas was a very good book.

We saw the preview of the OPEN WATER. The man says "you wonder why I dont wanna do water excursions" He wont even do the stingrays now. lol

I have gone to 3 movies over the past week and only saw the trailer once for the Open Water movie. I wish I would have seen the other trailer which I guess is based on John Grisham's book "Skipping Christmas".

The trailer is on the following website:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/christmaswiththekranks/

There was an article in Mens Journal this past week that talked about a guy who this past spring was left out in the middle of the ocean by his tour boat. He was out there with a bunch of his buddies and there was a mix up with the roll call. No one noticed he was missing until about 4 hours later. (some friends huh!!). Well the guy was rescued when some boy scouts (swear) came by in their boat and he waved and yelled to them and they picked him up.

There was some mention of his lawyer and how they are working make sure nothing like this happened again. There was talk of GPSs on each of the divers or numbered wrist bands that until all were accounted for the boat wouldn't leave.

How crazy....

Archived