Intercontinental Pap. - Is it worth it without the free night?

kadiebug12

We're arriving in Tahiti on a Wednesay so we can't get the Ambassador free weekend night deal. Is it still worth it (in the opinion of those who have been there) to book at this hotel. We're thinking of an overwater bungalo for 2 nights before our cruise that departs on Friday.

We went to the IC Moorea post cruise for two nights (one free) for an overwater bungalow. We were on our honeymoon and so we would have stayed with or without the free night. If it was just a regular vacation - might have not done it. It was great and we loved our room but it was sure pricey. For what we spent the last two days at the IC Moorea on room and food we could have paid for half of one of our tickets on the TP in our mini-suite. We sure came to the conculsion we will think twice before booking the "extra time" in the future. It was great and we loved it but it was alot of money and some hasle with all the bags to get over to Moorea and back.

We stayed at the IC in Papeete for 2 nights before our cruise at the beginning of July. We booked an overwater motu bungalow directly with the hotel and did the advance pay which made the room considerably less in price. They did upgrade us to a full overwater bungalow since there were 3 of us and had the Ambassador Club coupon.

To us it was definitely worth the price paid. I doubt we will be back anytime soon, so it was certainly a treat that we enjoyed considerably. I know others on our cruise that stayed there in Panorama rooms also loved it just as much, so that is another option. I don't think you would be sorry with any type of room you would choose.

One thing I would suggest, if you book, don't prepay for the breakfast. It is the same price and more of a pain that it is worth. The breakfast buffet is good, but they have no idea if you have prepaid for it and still charge your room.

Hulagirl

There are 4 of us (2 couples) that want to book the IC for 2 nights post cruise. We would need a Sunday & a Monday night. Does a Sunday count as a free weekend night when joining the Ambassadors Club? If not how would joining help?

I think both nights have to be weekend nights Fri, Sat, or Sunday, but am not positive. Worth checking. Perks without using free night are only free fruit and bottled water tray and late checkout. We were able to stay in our upgraded Lagoon OWB until 4:00pm free of charge due to Ambassador club, but others have been moved to different room, I guess it is just based on availability.

I would absolutely stay here without the free night, this is our favorite hotel of our entire lifetime - there is nothing like chilling on the deck of the OWB - and the entire property is lovely.

Thanks everyone for the info. We're going to go for it and book. We're booking an overwater Motu bungalow. I've read a couple of people say these are older and not as nice as the lagoon bungalow. Does anyone have any pictures or experience in the Motu bungalow. Since we wont' be joining the Ambassador club, I don't think we'll be upgraded.

Another advantage of joining the Ambassador Club is that you will get a room upgrade. So if you book a Motu Bungalow, you will be upgraded to the Lagoon Bungalow or if you book one of the top rooms on the ground you will be upgraded to the Motu Bungalow.

If this is worthwhile to you go ahead and join. You just need to work out if you could do more with the $150.

We will be using our free night on a Sunday in San Francisco in October but we still have the advantage of getting an upgrade when we are in Papeete in June. To us, paying the $150 is well worth it even though in our money terms it is over $200AUD. It still saving us quite a large amount for the cost of a night's stay in S.F.

Jennie

Archived