Birthday ideas for 11yr old boy on the Dawn?

pampaul

We're now down to 22 days before we sail out on the Dawn :D This is a first cruise for all of us. My oldest son will turn 11 while on the cruise. I'm wondering what I can do to make his day a little special. It's actually the day that we'll be at Great Stirrup Cay. So I'm not sure what we can do off ship, but maybe a special cake during dinner? What else have you done for special occassions (especially a young boys B-Day)?

We're now down to 22 days before we sail out on the Dawn :D This is a first cruise for all of us. My oldest son will turn 11 while on the cruise. I'm wondering what I can do to make his day a little special. It's actually the day that we'll be at Great Stirrup Cay. So I'm not sure what we can do off ship, but maybe a special cake during dinner? What else have you done for special occassions (especially a young boys B-Day)?

You can order the NCL birthday package. It's decorations and a large cake for the cabin.

You could bring some decorations for the cabin, and ask the cabin steward to decorate for you while your off the ship...a little extra tip for the cabin steward would be appropriate here.

I think you need to go to the front desk and request a birthday type card that you give the host in the restaurant and they will bring out a small birthday cake after dinner.

Get up early and reserve him a seat by the deck shower between the hot tub and pool. Let him sit there and enjoy all of the girls going by and using the shower after getting out of the salt water pool. Would work for me at any age:) Plumloco

My son turns 14 on the POH next week. We have ordered the birthday package for our room - it gets good reviews on this board. I've also been told that when making dinner reservations, to let them know and he will get some attention at the restaurant. At his age, he may not want the attention, but being mom, I'll probably do it anyways :D

I plan on dinner at Cagneys or Teppanyaki on his birthday to make it special as well.

Archived