Bringing our "over the border" Alaska Cruise

Ok...I know the number one hated thread topic is bringing booze on board...but...I have a question I have not seen answered on the threads before.

We will be flying from the US to Canada (Vancouver) for our Alaska cruise on the Radiance. I will be going through Customs when we enter Canada, then Customs again when we board the ship for our Alaska Cruise...so, how much wine can we bring?

Thanks! I don't want to be busted for smuggling wine through customs!

Actually, you only go through customs once... when you land at the airport. And you are allowed one liter of alcohol. You go through american immigration - not customs - when boarding at the pier.

There's a BC (british columbia) liquor store in the airport and pricing is decent. You can go there before leaving the airport (after clearing customs)... there's also one near Canada Place, and of course they are all over the city... why not just buy your wine/liquor up there? In Canada, most liquor/wine sales are controlled by the government.

Archived