Best Cave Tubing Tour - CaveTubing.com or ExStream Cave Tubing?

argoisin

we went with keith and his group from cave-tubing.com.

Younger than yhonny i believe, but a great time. They really take care of you on the trip. only thing is the cashew wine! unless you want to support them its cheaper everywhere else =x

Based on all my research and surfing these boards, I found that Cave-Tubing.com was the way to go!

I signed up for their tour which is in December. They are picking us up right at the terminal! They will also drop us off back there.

I have found with some other excursions, you are on your own getting to and from the operator's location. To me, this is a great feature! Just the icing on the cake!

I'm back. I chose X-Stream and they were good. We had a great guide Taz, who narrated a tour of the city as we drove to the cave-tubing site. I wasn't a real big fan of the excursion itself. I didn't feel it lived up to all the hype. I'll definately try snorkeling next time instead.

Sounds great! I noticed that the tour is 4 1/2 to 5 hours and it is a tendered port. Is there any chance of missing the ship?

No chance. They depend so much on word of mouth that they would lose lots of business if they ever did. Our guide even said if somehow they did, they'd drive us to Costa Maya.

Doug

Sign up anyway with cave-tubing.com...I did with just 2 of us and they said it was ok. They either pair you with others or they say to ask people from your ship...they are welcome to come along. Just send in the info and it will work out.

• 4 weeks later...

I highly recommend cave-tubing.com with Yhoni and staff.

My main concern was missing the ship and I was assured we would get back in time. Keith told us it was a priority and they would even drive us to Costa Maya if necessary. Of course it wasn't and we still had time to shop before getting back on the ship.

Bus was clean and had A/C. Very comfortable seats. These guys were great.

I just did the zip-line and cave tubing combo with X-stream last week. I went with X-stream because they offered the combo and cave-tubing.com only offers the tubing. Our guide was just okay. She was nice and told us a lot about the country on the ride out of the city, but during the cave tubing itself, she was not very talkative or personable. Don't get me wrong, she was very nice, but she didn't really talk much once we started the (somewhat long) walk to the caves, and it seemed like she was having trouble keeping us all together and was barking out orders as we floated along. I think it would have been helpful to have at least one other guide with our group.

I did see another group (I am assuming it was cave-tubing.com from what I have read on these message boards), and they seemed to be having a lot more fun with a great guide who was explaining things in the caves and who had linked them all together and was sort of leading them through so they didn't have to paddle or worry about running into the sides of the caves. If anyone else can confirm it was cave-tubing.com, I would suggest using them.

I still like X-stream, and would use them again, but probably not for cave tubing.

it says you need to have a group of 5, so does that mean I won't be able to do the trip with my girlfriend

My dd and myself will be cruising (without dh's) this November..... on our Meet & Mingle thread we found a group who was doing this tour.... we were invited to join them and now I am feeling better about doing a non-ship tour. (I find I am not quite as brave without dh with me ;) )

texancruzer...you'll have a great time. And don't worry about how big of a group. I think that is more to encourage you to find others. We only had 3 in our group but there were also a few other families on the bus with us. Ended up with a total of 4 groups going and there were 4 guides so each family had their own guide. Plus it was still only $45 a person.

Doug

8/92 Monarch of the Seas

3/93 Mardi Gras

3/03 Victory

8/06 Glory

Can anyone tell me about the lunch that is offered with the cave tubing excursion? I thought it would be a good opportunity to experience more of the local culture but want to be sure it's "safe" as well.

Can anyone tell me about the lunch that is offered with the cave tubing excursion? I thought it would be a good opportunity to experience more of the local culture but want to be sure it's "safe" as well.

If you go with cave-tubing.com, they'll stop at a little place called "Cheers", about half-way back. The meal was chicken with rice (or was it chicken with beans & rice?...can't recall). Most everyone on the bus opted for the lunch (It cost $5, and was optional). Yhony called ahead with the number of meals, and they were ready when we got there.

It wasn't bad at all.

Archived