Best Cave Tubing Tour - CaveTubing.com or ExStream Cave Tubing?

argoisin

As Jay & Bobbi said, it wasn't bad. Not sure how much of the culture you get. However, from what we saw around the port, I wouldn't venture out too much on my own. There is a flea market right outside the port that you can check some things out.

Doug

8/92 Monarch of the Seas

3/93 Mardi Gras

3/03 Victory

8/06 Glory

I have 2 kids aged 8 & 11 yrs. Do they provide lifejackets for everyone? and are there any sections of the river that are very fast or slightly wild, I just want to make sure my 8 yr old will be ok with the tour. The cruiseline only offers this tour as minimum age limit of 12 yrs, so i was wondering if it was age appropriate, BUT then I see lots of postings of younger kids who went. So I am a bit confused. On one hand I am glad we cannot book through the cruiseship, becuase looking online has provided me with the info that its better to go through cave-tubing.com, for safety & for smaller groups...so it sounds like the better choice for sure. Just want to have some input on the dark caves & river speed from people who took younger children...and how they fared...

thanks

Cave-tubing.com is my pick. Cheerful, professional, makes you feel safe and have fun doing it. 7 year old came, children, adults all ages sizes made everyone feel good and special.

Everyone gets lifejackets. We did this with our 10 yr old and he had a great time. The reason they take younger is because groups (or families) are linked together. You put your feet on the tube in front of you. Thus, you're all together. On the cruiseship excursion, everyone is sent down the river by themselves.

Doug

That makes total sense about why the cruiseship has the age minimum....never thought of that! I like the idea of being linked together, and I think my youngest would like the comfort of that too. And now that I know we all have lifejackets too, I feel much better about the whole thing :)

Thanks Doug!

Everyone gets lifejackets. We did this with our 10 yr old and he had a great time. The reason they take younger is because groups (or families) are linked together. You put your feet on the tube in front of you. Thus, you're all together. On the cruiseship excursion, everyone is sent down the river by themselves.

Doug

That makes total sense about why the cruiseship has the age minimum....never thought of that! I like the idea of being linked together, and I think my youngest would like the comfort of that too. And now that I know we all have lifejackets too, I feel much better about the whole thing :)

Thanks Doug!

Glad to help. My 7 yr old wanted to do the Ruins so he went there with my inlaws. What other ports are you hitting?

Doug

We will be in Great Stirrup Cay (Bahamas ), Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman Island & Ochios Rios

Have you been to any of these, and if so, any recommendations for excursions...especially with the kids.

Thanks

Glad to help. My 7 yr old wanted to do the Ruins so he went there with my inlaws. What other ports are you hitting?

Doug

We will be in Great Stirrup Cay (Bahamas ), Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman Island & Ochios Rios

Have you been to any of these, and if so, any recommendations for excursions...especially with the kids.

Thanks

Here is my reivew of our most recent cruise if you want to check:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=408654

We were in Grand Cayman and Ochios Rios 3 years ago when boys were 4 & 7. We did stingrays in Grand Cayman with Capt Marvins and did Duns River with Peat Taylor in Ochios Rios.

Doug

Read your review...helpful info.thanks:)

You mentioned you did Stingrays with the kids...did they enjoy it? Was it scarey for them.? My kids are 8 & 11 yrs...and this is one of the things we plan to do in GC...just wondering if they will still want to do it, when they see how big they are...:D

Here is my reivew of our most recent cruise if you want to check:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=408654

We were in Grand Cayman and Ochios Rios 3 years ago when boys were 4 & 7. We did stingrays in Grand Cayman with Capt Marvins and did Duns River with Peat Taylor in Ochios Rios.

Doug

Read your review...helpful info.thanks:)

You mentioned you did Stingrays with the kids...did they enjoy it? Was it scarey for them.? My kids are 8 & 11 yrs...and this is one of the things we plan to do in GC...just wondering if they will still want to do it, when they see how big they are...:D

Deemuch...we're getting way off track of the cave tubing. Email me at mddawg1@aol.com and I'll answer all your questions and try to find my review from my previous cruise. Oldest enjoyed the stingrays (he was 7 1/2 at the time) and youngest (4 1/2 then) didn't get off the boat but they brought a stingray over for him to see.

Doug

Archived