NASA Launch Date Change

cantw82sail

I just got an email update from NASA. The launch scheduled for 8/28 has been changed to 8/27. It could still be delayed for various reasons until 9/12. You can sign up for email updates about launches on the website.

I thought this might help someone out there. I understand traffic can get really bad on launch days.

We sail out on 9/2 and return 9/7. I live in Jax and have seen it take off from there, but it is mostly the vapor trail we can see from that distance.

I'd love to see it take off from the ship.

I just got an email update from NASA. The launch scheduled for 8/28 has been changed to 8/27. It could still be delayed for various reasons until 9/12. You can sign up for email updates about launches on the website.

Do you get this through www.kennedyspacecenter.com?? I rec'd an email from there. How cool would that be to see it from the ship!! :D We sailed on 7/8 on the Glory out of Port Canaveral and missed seeing the launch by 4 days.

We have been lucky enough to see a couple of launches from the Crescent Beach area about 100 miles north of Cape Canaveral and they are spectacular!

We saw the one on July 4, 2006 and everyone on the beach was standing and looking south, then clapped when the shuttle was launched.

Another time we saw a night time launch and that is the best of all!!

And once we were on the Canaveral National Seashore beach when it landed and broke the sound barrier. All events are awe-inspiring!

I hope you get to see it launch while onboard - how cool!

Archived