Grand Princess or RCL Splendour of the Seas 12-30-06

I am thinking about booking one of these cruises. I am traveling with a 16yr daughter and a 11yr old son. I would like any input on which cruise would be the best pick. Please consider the kids activities and the fact that I will be traveling without my husband. This may be a duplicate thread because I am not too sure where to post it.

Thanks for any info.

We've traveled on both the Grand Princess and Splendour of the Seas and we had a good time on both ships, but if I had a choice I would pick the Splendour. We have two sons 15 and 12 and they both had a better time on the Splendour. They said there was more things for them to do on Splendour with the rock wall and mini golf. They also thought Bingo Boy on the Splendour was cool. We also liked the food better on the Splendour, it was some of the best food we've ever had on a cruise ship. The splendour is also easier to get around on than the Grand and has a much more open feel to it,especially in the two story glassed dining room and the main atrium. On the Grand sometimes you have to go up a floor and then back down to get to a place on the same floor. The service on the Splendour is also much better, they do the little things that make a cruise more enjoyable. Like the towel animals, coming around with drinks by the pool, etc. The only thing we didn't like about the Splendour was that it was only 5 days, which we all thought was too short. We did like MUTS on the Grand, sitting out on deck at night watching a movie was pretty cool but I could have done without it blaring during the day while we were sitting out by the pool trying to relax.

Archived