RCI Excursion ~ St. John Beach Tour ~ ?'s

LuvMyVette

Hi:

DH/I are considering the St. John Beach Tour via. Royal Caribbean.

If anyone has been on this tour recently, could you please provide me your opinion of this tour.

Is it worth it?

How much time did you have at Trunk Bay?

How was the snorkeling?

How large was the group?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Well.....Hey Trish! Fancy meeting you here!

We did this excursion the last time we were there. Basically because we were too lazy to do it on our own. It is convenient because you leave on the ferry right there at the ship. We enjoyed the trip...they stopped for photo ops on St. John on the way to Trunk Bay. Trunk Bay is beautiful....very unspoiled. No chairs or umbrellas, though. The surf was very rough the day we were there, but we like that. The only drawback is you don't have a super long time to stay at the beach....maybe an hour and a half to two hours. It is definitely worth going over there. The seapass card on the forehead trick did not work there!

Well hello there... how are you doing?

Thanks so much for your input. I can stay at the beach all day but DH can only handle up to two hours so that would work for us. What time did you get back to the ship? Not sure when you were there but how far was the ship docked from Havensight Mall? We're hoping to stop there to look around and purchase some t-shirts.

Great to hear from you and thanks so much. Wonderful to chat with you again via CC. Will send you an email soon.. still staining the deck! LOL

I'll have to let DH know about the SeaPass card... he'll be disappointed! I'll never forget our cruise with the guys doing that!

Sea ya!

Hey....We docked right at Havensight Mall. I think our trip over to St. John was in the morning and we were back in time to get lunch, then we went back out to the mall area for some shopping. Worked out great. We didn't snorkle but I think it is really good there. They take you on a trail near rocks. I would definitely go over there again. St. John is neat. Wish we could go with you in September, but guess we will have to wait until Christmas.

Hey There

Thanks for the info. Explorer doesn't arrive into St. Thomas until 1pm. It's very late but not much we can do about it. We're really looking forward to this tour. Another question.. since you were in the water snorkeling, is the place safe enough where nothing will get stolen? I'm concerned due to camera, SeaPass cards, cash, etc. DH/I might take turns snorkeling if time allows. I'll let him go first so I can take pictures of Trunk Bay and then when he's done we'll switch. Is there anything else that I need to know?

Many thanks!

Been out shopping!

Yes....it's pretty safe there. It is a National Park. You might want to hook up with someone from the ship that you know who might watch your stuff. We went with another couple when we went. Of course we didn't do any snorkling. You know the only exercise that John does is raising the beer can his mouth. Now they are pretty oraganized about the snorkling. If you do that....you go with a guide and they may have a place for you to leave your stuff, but I don't know for sure.

Hey There:

Thanks so much for the info. I'm hoping that we'll go with a few others that we know from the cruise. Worse case we'll take turns.

DH was sad to hear that the SeaPass card on the forehead trick (get me a drink) didn't work in St. John. :D Gotta love John with his beer. It's something that we'll never forget that's for sure. I hope we can cruise in the future since we had a blast with both of you in 2004.

Sea ya!

Archived