AFT Balconies on the Carnival Conquest

bbela000

We had upper deck aft on Conquest last year. Loved it. Now here are a couple of issues. Becareful and check all surfaces before you touch them. Soot has a tendency to gather out there. Not a big deal but wipe surfaces down before you use them. Lady next door in white shorts didn't and you can guess how that went over :) Disco is below and they party until wee hours. If you are a late person its not a big deal but could keep you awake if you hit the rack early. Unfortunately there are always idiots on baord. There were mornings when we had banana peels and cig butts on the balcony from unkind cruisers above. Will never understand that - guidance is very clear - don't throw stuff off the ship - it will blow back aboard. :( Have fun!

Do check for soot on the chairs. We loved the aft balcony on our Med cruise, but several mornings there was soot all over the chairs. I sat down the first time without noticing the little black spots and had to change clothes. We had an aft balcony before on the Pride and never had any soot problems.

Do check for soot on the chairs. We loved the aft balcony on our Med cruise, but several mornings there was soot all over the chairs. I sat down the first time without noticing the little black spots and had to change clothes. We had an aft balcony before on the Pride and never had any soot problems.

Thanks for the pointer Auburn. Oh and, WAR EAGLE!!

Got my undergraduate and graduate degree from AU. 1986 Grad!!

LOL. No, it's never happened to me, I'm posting about what I've read on the boards about the lounges causing some noise in the rooms above or below them. Thumping from within the room would be caused by DH and me ;) . THAT thumping I'm okay with :D Of course, our neighbors might not be--okay, that's another post.

We had an aft wraparound on the Destiny....7325....in March & loved it!! We didn't have any trash or soot problems; nice & calm on the aft & wind on the side portion: I liked having both. Also it was nice & quiet in the back. The view is worth it all !!

we did not here any noise from the lounge below us it was a concern before we went but we had no noise, no soot, no trash it was very quiet except for the water below us very relaxing. I only hope this will be the way we go from now on but I'm afraid that these cabins are going to harder and harder to get.:(

Thanks for the pointer Auburn. Oh and, WAR EAGLE!!

Got my undergraduate and graduate degree from AU. 1986 Grad!!

My wife and I graduted in 76 & 77. Just paid my youngest daughter's last tuition. She will graduate in December and alraedy has a job lined up. We can now afford 10 cruises a year!

WAR EAGLE!

My wife and I graduted in 76 & 77. Just paid my youngest daughter's last tuition. She will graduate in December and alraedy has a job lined up. We can now afford 10 cruises a year!

WAR EAGLE!

As you can see, I didn't take any typing courses.

Archived