Does Carnival Ecstasy have things for 11yr and 16yr?

GINNY L

Has anybody been on this cruise with kids app. 11 and 16yr? Please tell me anything about their programs for these ages. I do not want to book a cruise and have them complain that they are bored.:o

Carnival has something for ALL ages. Sometimes a 16 year old doesn't want to do organized stuff but there will be other 16 yr.olds aboard and they will find each other!!! Disco closes to those under 18 at 11PM. Then they find another place to group. Some ships have just for teen discos. Ships alao have things only for teens. Don't worry, they WON'T be bored!!!!!!!!

Your 16 yr should have no issues with finding othere in the same age group

the 11 yr old might not find it so easy...

Our 15 yr grouped up and she had a blast our 12yr was not so lucky and although he had a great time he could never find kids to chill with ...

and spent way to much time with us.....

John

When Ryan was 11, he refused to go to Camp Carnival because at the Orientation, they talked to the kids like they were babies! He still had a blast, and would meet kids just hanging out with us at the pool, and we took him to the Arcade etc... It was a great cruise!

Last Spring (at 14) he went to the Orientation and dance the first night. He met a group of kids and they agreed to meet and play basketball the next morning (girls watched!) and after that, they went to the pool. Well, other than on Port days, we never saw him except at breakfast and dinner! He had an absolute blast! Every night they would go to the dance to hook up and then they would go to the arcade, or to the Lido deck to dance, or karaoking etc...

It's very important (especially for the teens) for them to go to the orientation to meet the kids their age. After that, they may not go to a lot of the organized activities, but they will know kids and find them on board!

Also important to go over safety rules (no going into other cabins, no horsing around, etc...) and give them a firm curfew and have them check in every half hour or so (whether it be on walkie talkie, room phone, or physically checking in.) We were so lucky on our last cruise - had an absolutely wonderful group of kids on board! No problems whatsoever!

My kids went on a week cruise out of florida during spring break, and had a blast.:) They are willing to give up any christmas presents so they can go on another cruise during christmas break. And since we live in Texas I am looking into one out of Galveston during the end of December early January. I do not want to go too expensive since we will be going on the conquest in July of 2007. I just thought this smaller/older ship will not have enough for them to do. So that is why I am debating. :rolleyes: There is also a Norweign Dawn out of Houston, but I was told it was not any good. The more input I get to make my decision is the better.

Ginny: We are going on the Ecstasy in 3 weeks with our 12 and 16 year old daughters. I am sure they will have a great vacation regardless of whether or not they meet up with a bunch of kids their age. I will let you know when we get back how Camp Carnival and Club 02 are on that ship. My only concern is that my 12 year old is not a very mature 12 (she just finished 6th grade and is not really into junior high type stuff like dances yet) and she will be with the 12-14 age group. But we'll play it by ear, plus I figure with a waterslide and mini-golf there will be activities she will enjoy. There are only two sea days on this cruise, and they will be with us in port anyway.

We were on Ecstasty 2 weeks ago with 9 and 12 year old. Lots of planned activities for both age groups. The 12-14 year olds had activities from early am until 1-2 am. Our 12 year old DGS had a blast. He had some freedom to come and go. ( Usual rules and a great walkie-talkie ). His sister ( 9 years old ) was in structured activities most of the time. They both were able to make friends and the CC counselors were great.

Ginny: I haven't been on the Dawn, or any NCL cruise. We live in California and this is our first time cruising from Galveston. We picked this cruise strictly because my stepdaughter is the lead singer in the production show. But, we are really excited about going, have read a lot of good things about the ship. My two daughters, 12 and 16, haven't cruised before so I think this length will be perfect for an introductory cruise for them. I will make sure and post a review when we get back.

KSUFan: Thanks for the reassurance about Camp Carnival for 12-14 year olds. I had read a review somewhere that said there weren't many organized activities for that age group on that ship. Is your grandson really outgoing? My 12 year old is not super-outgoing, so I am a little worried about her connecting, but we have talked to her about being open to meeting new people and realizing all the kids are in the same boat so to speak, and just want to meet someone to hang out with for a few days. What kind of activities did they have for 12-14 year olds?

Archived