help needed

lyndac

hi all

i am going on my first cruise and am really excited we are going on the ocean village for 2 weeks in the caribbean (myself my husband mum and dad)

anyway i need your help and advise on excursions i will book a few with ov but mainly want to do our own thong as i know it can get expensive so is this a safe idea (only ever been to europe before)and how do i go about this is it easy to get taxi's and are they reasonably priced i'm so confused as where to start with it all so much to see and do :) so please as you can see i'm not at all sure at what i'm doing can you help:o

thanks lyn

As soon as you get off the ship on much about any Caribbean island you will be surounded by taxi drivers offering you a tour of the island. The main problem we found was that they wanted to take us where they wanted us to go. Obviously because of tips they get from venues.

Do your research before you go so that you know where you want to go and where not. If you don't want to waste your time being taken to roadside fruit stalls etc, tell your driver that you will not pay him if he does.

And bargain the price down. You will always be quoted over the top to start with.

David.

Archived