Need help for Grand Princess Sept. 1 Med. trip

Hi, my wife and I will be going on the Grand Princess Sept. 1 Mediterranean Cruise and we would love to meet some people who are going on the same cruise for some private tours. We've never been to Europe before, so we are complete novices in terms of setting up tours. We do know we would prefer private tours with knowledgeable guides, rather than the ship's tours where you are herded like cattle and can't really see anything. So if anyone is going on this trip and would like to make some connections, we'd love to hear from you. Thanks.

Canfield

Hi LILynn,

thanks for getting back to me. I have gone on the roll call numerous times asking people if they would like to hook up on tours,or if my wife and I can join them, to date, I have one response from someone who wanted to go on a different itnerary. Quite frankly, I am somewhat surprised at the lack of response.

We are first timers and have not done this before(booking tours.) We have cruised half a dozen times,but without ever going on tours,(Mexico, Eastern,Western Caribbean) so it's all new to us.

We're a month away and I don't want to panic, but I also don't want to be left out either. The ship's tours are overpriced in my estimation and from friends who have previously gone on these cruises, they say private tours and qualified guides are the way to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to meeting you. Thanks LILynn.\

Canfield

Scroll down to my posting under "Just back - Grand Princess Greek Isles - July 3-15" under this heading for info on all the private tours that we did. They were very easy to set up online. If you do some of the coordinating and then ask people to share the tours, you might have better luck.

Hate to say it ... but you're really late getting started.:eek: We did the same Grand Princess itinerary last October. We lined up private drivers in all of the ports and arranged to get about 6 or 7 people together to share expenses for each of them. We met the people here on CC. We had all of our drivers booked by April ... for our October 3rd cruise. And, even then, some of the more highly recommended drivers were already booked and we had to settle for "second best" (but they were all GREAT).

Your best bet is to get on the Roll Call for your cruise and start posting regularly looking for people that already have drivers booked and who are looking to share their cars / vans with others.

Good luck ... it's a wonderful itinerary and you will get the most out of each port with private drivers.

Archived