Paradise Beach beats Mr. Sanchos hands down

Lisa0719

My group of 8 that turned into 12 along the way, enjoyed a day of fun and sun at Paradise Beach last Friday, July 2. We arrived on the Carnival ship Paradise around 1:00 pm and we got to meet Paradise Beach Tom as soon as we arrived at Paradise Beach. Tom was sure to set us up with chairs and umbrellas. Soon the buckets of beer were flowing. The supreme nachos and fahitas were to die for!!!! We had a group in ages from 6 to 40something and let me tell you, everyone had a blast. It was hard getting ourselves to leave.

Last year we did Mr. Sanchos. Although the admission is free there too, everything else is a charge. If you want a good chair, there is a fee --- Not at Paradise. If you want a mat, there is a fee --- Not at Paradise. If you want snorkle equipment, there is a fee ---- Not at Paradise. Mr. Sanchos had advertised a trampoline on the web, but they did not have one last year when we arrived. This year we couldn't get the kids off the trampoline or the iceberg at Paradise Beach. We absolutely had a blast. Thanks Tom for a wonderful beach and a wonderful day.

Hello,

We were there on Friday too. (The Conquest) There was a charge for snorkeling. My daughter was told it was $10 dollars. Other than that I agree with everything you said. My kids loved the "ice berg".

Lori,

There was a deposit, but no charge. You receive the deposit back when you return the snorkle equipment. It is a shame she didn't understand that. We used the equipment, left the deposit, but the entire amount was refunded at the end of the day.

Lisa

How deep is the water at PB? Can you go out a while before it gets deep, or does it go over your head quickly? I've always been a weak swimmer, and I don't like to go in over my head (5'4").

Lisa,

Thanks for the Info on PB. We are going there on December 22nd, our day in Cozumel. I have a few other questions.

1) how was the crowds?

2) Did you do a massage, looking to purchase one for myself & Wife.

3) What other ports did you visit? & what did you do there?

Thanks

Mike (TIDELOVER)

Mike,

There were no crowds, plenty of room ---- we were a group of 12 and never felt crowded. The kids had no problem getting turns on the trampoline or climbing the iceberg. We didn't do the massage so I can't help you there. Our other ports were Belize where our scheduled tour canceled on us. We ended up salvaging the day by taking the local water taxi to Caye Caulker and spending the day at the beach called the split. In Roatan, I used Victor Bodden (victorbodden@yahoo.com) to take us around the island for the whole day --- we went to the beach, canopy tour, iguana farm, general site seeing, stopped at a grocery store for vanilla. We used Victor last year and he is wonderful --- he charges $25 per person for the entire day. You pay when he returns you to the ship. In Grand Cayman we did stingray city and snorkeling with Stingray City Charters --- treated us wonderfully --- the 12 of us were the only ones on their boat. Adults and kids all had a blast.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa~ never send a 14 y-o to ask a question! We were going to pay it when we got done with the wave runners but then my 16 y-o who had been running a temp for a few days had had enough and we went back to the ship.

Lisa,

Thank you for the information, We are thinking of going to caye caulker, I have a few questions. How much was the water taxi?

We you able to walk to the split or how did you get to the split and can you snorkel there? I think we are definately going to go to paradise beach also.

Sue

Sue,

The water taxi is $17 per person round trip. When you get to Caye Caulker you turn left at the first/only street. You can rent a golf cart but its really not necessary. Keep going --- probably 1/2 mile walk ---and you end up at the split. Yes, you can snorkle there. My nephew found a huge conch and starfish. There is a little bar/restaurant there --- the Belkin beer was cold and the chicken sandwich and fries were great.

Lisa

Lisa,

Is there a name of the water taxi company? I think this will be great for my boys for there first time snorkeling. I am also glad that we can walk to the split. I don't want to spend too much extra money that day.

Sue

Sue,

I don't think there is a name. It is the only local water taxi in Belize City. When you get to the tender pier, make you way to the street. Turn left, follow the water. You will find it. The room where you wait is light an old bus terminal/train terminal room you would see from movies set in the 40s.

Lisa

Sue,

This is Lisa's husband, Joe. I read her directions to the split. Unfortunately they are incorrect. When you get off the water taxi, walk to the end of the pier and turn RIGHT not left. It's still only about a half-mile walk.

HAVE FUN!! WE SURE DID.

Joe

SHAME ON ME!!....and such a wonderful review as well!! I don't know what happened there...I blame it on the changeover to the new boards, I just wasn't paying enough attention!!

Thanx for coming to visit us, sounds like you had a great time and I'm glad I could help you out personally with the chairs etc. Next time you come, I'll make sure to buy you a couple of cocktails to aytone for my sin of omission :)!! Thanx again...adios!

piggs... thanx as well! Glad you had a great time, sorry for the deposit misunderstanding...hasta la vista!

camreesmom...I love those massages as well! Thanx for visiting us!

tidelover...see you in Dec!

kapcruiser...walk to the split till you see the water taxi, then immediately jump in on the right and snorkel where the split, splits. Once you see the.....HEY! WAIT A MINUTE! I don't know what I'm talking about...this is Belize stuff, right? Sorry, I was on a roll:)!

Archived