Cuban Cigars

Actually it IS illegal for a US national to buy cuban cigars anywhere. The place to look is the OFAC office of the US Treasury. The trading with the enemy act covers US nationals(any one subject to US jurisdiction) any where in the world. So buyimg Cubans in an island with a credit card can be seen. I don't have a problem with someone buying one and smoking it. I actually don't have a problem with you buying a case and risking a fine or imprisonment(doubtful unless they want you for something else) just as a suggestion don't make it easy for them and charge it. Please don't argue with me just go look it up. Here

http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/programs/cuba/cuba.pdf

Here is a more up-to-date article to validate the above statement. It is dated Sep 30, 2004 (http://treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/programs/cuba/ccigar2.pdf)

Folks, I am laughing my you know what off! I just wanted one little, single, solitary Cuban cigar...but you know what? I am enjoying the discussion..

So let's see...

Front Street

Use Cash

Pretend that I am from some other country so no one will know that I am actually breaking the law, and...

ENJOY!

Y'all are great!

Hello There,

I will be sailing on your ship with you (the 8/6 sailing of the Mariner). I've been to the region twice before... Trust me, you will not even have to look for them... they are everywhere and will find you!

Enjoy

Folks, I am laughing my you know what off! I just wanted one little, single, solitary Cuban cigar...but you know what? I am enjoying the discussion..

So let's see...

Front Street

Use Cash

Pretend that I am from some other country so no one will know that I am actually breaking the law, and...

ENJOY!

Y'all are great!

I hope you get and enjoy your Cuban cigar.

I laughed when I first saw the reference to OFAC, as I spent almost a month last year examining the OFAC list and regulations trying to figure out what they actually meant for the law firm I was working for. Unfortunately for the average US citizen, lack of knowledge of the rules or lack of understanding of the rules, is no defense at least in regards to OFAC.

For god sakes!!! Enjoy the cigars, Just go to a casa de habano and you will know it is a true cuban. Do you think coustoms is worried about a cigar?? Get a grip my fellow americans!!! I bring back boxes all the time. Enjoy

How about Ocho Rios, Georgetown, Labadee, or Cozumel?

Looking for just one good cuban while one the islands.

I can help with three of the four.

Ocho Rios = 99.9999% fakes (in other words - don't buy unless you are an expert)

Georgetown = La Casa Del Habano (across street from port area), also Churchills

Cozumel = La Casa Del Habano

So let's see...

Front Street

Use Cash

ENJOY!

Y'all are great!

There is nobody more right wing than me, ask Sid for verification, but even I have purchased a cuban cigar or two while in the islands. I, would never sneak one back in, though. In my opinion the probability of getting a really fresh cuban that is superior to the equally fine Dominican cigars is a fantasy that is kept alive by the trading with the enemies act. IE they are cigars and many of those sold in the islands may or may not be actual Cuban cigars and even legitimate ones are just another cigar. May we all say a little prayer that the long suffering residents of Cuba may experience liberty and freedom in our lifetimes, and that it can rejoin the world of nations that have a chance to live free lives and to make their own way in the world.

jc

Archived