Sea Sickness

Thanks everyone!! has anyone used the oil that you rub behind your ear (Motion Eaze)? I saw that at the pharmacy and wasn't sure about it.

I dont have any problems till the seas get to about 15 ft...then Im feeling 'drunk' and dizzy...I use the MotionEase... it is a plesant smelling blend of essential oils that you rub behind your ear...it does work for me and my kiddos...(we also use a homeopathic remedy called BachFlower RescueRemedy...avail at the natural foods store) the combo works very well if you dont want to take anything pharmicutical...Sipping GingerAle also makes me feel better...and if you decide to lie down, depending on which way your bed is facing, try lying in different directions to see which way makes you feel better...some people are sensitive to side to side rocking while some are sensivite to back and fro rocking...depends on you.

I am always afarid of taking any 'seasick pills' b/c I dont want to be sleepy and miss any of my cruise...(plus its more fun to whine to sweetheart about feeling crummy:p ...j/k)

OTOH, some people are not bothered by the high seas...you may be one of those people:)

Let me start by saying that I tend to only get motion sickness if I try to start reading after I have been looking out the window while the car is in motion.

On our first cruise I started to get sick as the ship was going through choppy waters while I was taking a tour of the theater (no way to see the horizon)

Here's what I did - I went up on deck to get some fresh air, then took a nap (by the pool soaking up the rays :D )

I hate to take anything if I don't have to, so I try less drastic measures first.

All I know is I tried the patches a few weeks ago on the Explorer to Bermuda and got to know the hospital staff really well. 550.00 dollars later, loss of vision, drop in blood pressure, dry mouth, etc, and IV drip for 3 hours and an antidote and I will never take the patch again. Try this out BEFORE you get on board. It ruined two days of my vacation! I'd rather be seasick.

Archived