Do we need to bring our own beach towels?

I know on the Conquest they furnish beach towles, really nice big ones too. They are for your use at the pool, beach, etc....both on and off the ship. However if you should lose one or it get stolen, you will be charged I think like 22.00 per towel. You just leave the dirty ones with your other soiled ones, and they will be replaced with clean ones daily. I never bring my own as the're so heavy and bulky to pack for travel. Another option is to buy cheapo ones in port, they make good souveniers as well.

have a wonderful cruise~~~~

I pack a thinner one that won't take up too much room just to use an an "Extra" with the one they give you on the ship. Once that one is soaked, it doesn't do much good if you really need to dry off, espcially to change to get back to the ship.

Crop - It really helps us give better answers if we know which cruiseline you're asking about.:)

Carnival, for instance, has big beach towels in the cabin, with a note attached that they are for taking on shore. Towels are furnished on deck for the pools.

I take my own thin $4 WalMart beach towel on a cruise. It is lightweight, thin, and takes up very little space in my luggage. I do this because the Carnival towels are SO big, bulky, and heavy to take ashore. ONE towel would fill my tote bag, and I don't want to have to lug that thing all over an island. I also don't have to worry about losing a Carnival towel and being charged $22 for it!

We're cruising on RCI. Are their towels pretty bulky (the ones to take off the ship)? Do they have a replacement fee if we lose one? THANKS!

The towels we got on Rhapsody were nice and big - big enough that I only took two ashore for three of us. Once they get damp, they get heavy! So, while it's true they're big and can get heavy, on the upside you get a fresh one every day. Dump it under the bathroom sink and a half hour later you get new ones! Once your personal towel is wet/dirty, etc., it's that way the rest of the week! And I think RCI says they will charge your account twenty bucks for beach towels not returned to your room.

Once your personal towel is wet/dirty, etc., it's that way the rest of the week!

I quickly rinse mine out in the shower and hang it over the door to dry. No problem whatsoever.

And I think RCI says they will charge your account twenty bucks for beach towels not returned to your room.

I was on Sovereign last month. The notice I saw was $23 for a misplaced towel.

Archived