Cold Soups on Dawn?

pampaul

My parents have been on a cruise before (11yrs ago--Celebrity Horizon) and they are really excited that we're going on our first one. My mom keeps telling me NOT TO MISS the cold soups. The thing is, I've been reading the posts on this website and I don't recall anyone ever mentioning anything about cold soups. We'll be on the Dawn in 19 days and I'd love to try them. Can someone tell me if they're available on this ship? I know all cruise lines are different especially the one my parents were on and we being on a freestyle.

This may be a dumb question, but what is a cold soup (besides being cold), I mean is it just normal soup served chilled or what?

Not dumb ;)

They tend to be sweet and fruit based. I have seen blueberry soup, fire and Ice which I think was a spicey watermellon soup, A mango. etc I

Not dumb ;)

They tend to be sweet and fruit based. I have seen blueberry soup, fire and Ice which I think was a spicey watermellon soup, A mango. etc I

The blueberry soup (w/o July 8) was to die for! It tasted like melted blueberry ice cream. DEE-LISH!

Mmmmmmm. Cold soups :D :D !! I thought they sounded horrible on our first cruise, until I finally tried one. The closest description I can give is melted ice cream, but that probably won't exactly encourage you to try them.

I'm still very sad that they aren't on the dining room menus at night -- but it will definitely encourage me to be on the ship to eat in the dining room at lunch time. The fire and ice one that shoreguy mentioned isn't my favorite -- it has jalapenos in it -- but my son loved it. There is an avocado one that DH and I loved, but the kids didn't. Most of them tend to be more of a fruit based variety -- banana, mango, peach, blueberry, strawberry, etc. The majority of them are creamy -- I've heard conflicting reports as to what the cream base is, from yogurt to sour cream. They're definitely worth trying at least once. Several of us that post here regularly LOVE them!

A smoothie is a good comparison -- a very liquid smoothie:D . When I think of a smoothie, I tend to think of something thicker, and the soups are really quite runny. By the way, they also have excellent smoothies on board the NCL ships. On the Sun, our favorite was the banana/mango one! We don't drink alcohol, so my sail-away drink is usually a nice smoothie from the bar.

Archived