Sheraton Ft.Lauderdale Airport

Perky1

I got this hotel on Priceline for next March. Has anyone stayed there that can tell me anything about it. It says it has a shuttle from the airport but what about to the pier. thanks

The hotel is very nice, located just south of the airport and JUST east of I-95. There is not much to do within walking distance of the property, but the intl fishing hall of fame and outdoor world bass pro shops are located about a mile or less away. Boomers entertainment complex and roller coaster are very close by, too, as is the Oakwood Shopping Plaza - just short cab rides. The hotel has a decent restaurant in the lobby and an okay pool area.

I don't know if the shuttle will take you to the port... if it doesn't, it is a VERY short distance and the cab should not cost more than just a few dollars.

Have fun in Ft. Lauderdale and on the cruise.

We are staying there in Feb..You can find the hotel online. I am told it is very nice with a really nice pool area. We always go tp port and to the airport via the taxi.So much quicker! :D

I just called the Sheraton to request two doubles and they tell me we have to take what we get. I know that is the chances we take with Priceline - but does anyone know are they accomodating when you check-in. There are 4 of us and we need 2 doubles and a non-smoking room.

I know that is the chances we take with Priceline - but does anyone know are they accomodating when you check-in. There are 4 of us and we need 2 doubles and a non-smoking room.

We stayed there on a Priceline bid, and found them to be accomodating. It wouldn't hurt for you to go to the Sheraton website and join the Preferred Guest program. It won't cost you anything, and then you can call the hotel back under the pretense of "adding" your Preferred Guest # to your booking.

I would also recommend the Islamorada Fish House, which is located within walking distance of the hotel (right next to Bass Pro Shops). Excellent Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)!fing02.gif

You can join the sheraton program but most of them (them being the hotels) will say in their fine print that the awards program does not apply with 3rd part bookings. We saw that in feb when we stayed across the street from the sheraton.

However we have stayed at the sheraton and it was tremendous. THey were late picking us up at the airport due to an delay and gave us a comp breakfast, it was the buffett so we saved some money there.

Based on the location I would recommend renting a car, you can find deals for 20 bucks or so if you keep checking the internet, we did. That way you can come and go as you desire then turn your car in and the shuttle will take you to the pier.

The sheraton did not provide a shuttle but off to the right as you walk into the lobby you can make arrangements for transportation to the pier. We opted for the shuttle service that the company was offering and we got a limo in the am, cheaper then if we had taken a cab

Very clean hotel, pool area was very nice.

Food was very good

Pete

Pete - thanks for the info. Which sites do you check to get car rentals for $20. Do you remember - someone said there is Dominos Pizza within walking distance ?? thanks for the help

I dont remember the dominos I did travel ocity for the cars then keep checking the various web sites, we finally went with thrifty and it came to about 25 and some change with the taxes. That way you can scoot right over to the hotel and then head back down to 17th street to the publix grocery store to stock up on what you forgot, or water etc then head out to dinner it works out great, taxis are fine but depending on what time of day you get there, the car will far out weigh the taxi trip or trips

Pete

I think you will find the sheraton very accomodating but you generally wont get some of the perks if you are part of their award program. Based on our stay there through priceline, i sent letters off to corporate etc, they did a stellar job while we were there

Regards

Pete

You can join the sheraton program but most of them (them being the hotels) will say in their fine print that the awards program does not apply with 3rd part bookings.

Agreed, but I've found that being a member will often result in the desk clerk trying just a little harder to find that non-smoking room for me.

No doubt it does not hurt to be a member, but they have sort of moved away from giving out the perks to 3rd party reservations, but again, I have nothing but praise for my experience there whereas the chain across the street was a terrible terrible experience

Pete

Archived