Any information on Sea cloud or Sea Cloud I?

paolar47

Does anyone have any informaton on Sea Cloud or Sea Cloud I? We have been twice on the Star Clipper ships and absolutely love this kind of cruising/sailing on tall ships.

From the pictures, the Sea Cloud ships seem more formal and absolutely gorgeous, but I would like to have a first person account.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry, no first person account, but I can think of three people I know who have been on SEA CLOUD and all absolutely loved her.

Here is a review from one of them.

If you can afford it, I say go for it - but take the original SEA CLOUD. No new ship can match the mystique of a classic like her!

We spent a week on the River Cloud II, operated by the Sea Cloud company. This is not a sailing ship, obviously, but a river boat that plies European inland waters.

Most of the crew on the River Cloud II were veterans of the Sea Cloud cruises so we got a good idea of the level of service that the company offers. The food was the best I have ever had on a cruise ship, or at a major resort for that matter. Crew was extremely professional and the mix of various nationalities added a great deal to the enjoyment of the trip.

Overall, I was extremely impressed with the Sea Cloud company and would love to try one of the sailing ships. Maybe next year . . .

• 2 months later...

Are you still thinking about Sea Cloud? We went on a 1-wk trip Athens-Istanbul in 2000 and it was absolutely marvelous. It was MUCHO bucks, but well worth the splurge, and I would recommend paying for the lowest-price cabin - if the ship is not full (and on our trip it wasn't - 38 pass out of 60 capacity), you will get upgraded. We ended up in Cabin 20 and it was wonderful.

• 4 weeks later...

Sea Cloud II is wonderful and extremely comfortable. If you want to add some adventure and not be so formal, check out www.expeditions.com Lindbald Expeditions. They have several exclulsive SCII trips scheduled for 2007 both in the Caribbean and in Europe. SCII is definitely first class and well worth the experience. Also check out the SC website www.seacloud.com to get a sense the the ships.

Archived