? for past Spirit from Honolulu cruisers

lnew1gd1

We have done this cruise twice and have never received a lei;however, we did receive one on a shore tour up to Haleakala, on Maui.:)

Thanks Red Licorice, I didn't think we got one crom the ship but it would have been nice.

Lynn

We received one upon boarding in 2003 on the Spirit but not when we sailed again in April of 2005 which was also on the Spirit. We did receive shell leis at several of the ports both times however

We also got flower lei greeting upon boarding in 2003, of course we were at the pier at about 11:30 am, maybe as the afternoon rolls on, they stop doing it. Hope they still are, we'll be doing the Honolulu to Ensenada sailing on October 2nd.

We also got flower lei greeting upon boarding in 2003, of course we were at the pier at about 11:30 am, maybe as the afternoon rolls on, they stop doing it. Hope they still are, we'll be doing the Honolulu to Ensenada sailing on October 2nd.

Have a great time in October.

My DH and I are sailing with you on the Legend in Dec 2007. Will be anxiously waiting for your review of Hawaii and the Spirit!

Thank you to everyone for your replies to my question. Appreciate everyone's help.

Lynn

Okay I got curious and called my friend at Carnival who checked this out for us, recently it seems Carnival decided to stop doing the Flower Lei Greeting.

My guess is either NCL America is tying up the local sources or it just got too expensive to get the Lei's and the people to present them..........I really have no reason way, just that they don't do it anymore.

I do know that there is at least 1 place selling Lei's at the Aloha Tower Marketplace if anyone decided to buy one near the ship and there are a lot of companies that will greet you at the airport if you contract them to do so.

Archived