Valor not going to Belize on the 4/3/05 sailing

PTcruisers

We originally booked the Valor for the 4/17/05 sailing and found out this week that our reservation was cancelled due to it being chartered that week. Carnival never notified me, I had to call them after reading on this board that the 4/17 sailing was cancelled. I was able to change the date to 4/3/05 and had everything squared away on Friday afternoon. On Saturday I decided to log on to the Carnival website to verify that the change went through. It did indeed show our new sailing date of 4/3. For some reason I clicked on the details and seen that instead of Belize they had Costa Maya. I immediately called Carnival and asked if this was a typo or was it true it wasn't going to Belize that week. The Rep was just as surprised as I was and said she was going to check with a supervisor. She came back and said that for operational reasons the Valor would not be going to Belize that week. I could not believe this. The 2 reasons I picked this cruise was for the new ship and Belize. I called back this morning and had to change the date again. We are now sailing on 5/1/05. Hopefully there will be no other surprises.

• 1 month later...

just found your post. sorry you won't be with us on the 4/3/04 cruise . was at first dissappointed not going to Belize but have been looking at Costa Maya reviews and am now very happy with that port . we have 4 of the 6 fantail balcony staterooms on the Upper deck and are going to fold away the balcony dividers for a really BIG BALCONY. Hope you have a fine cruise. John

We too are on the 4/3 sailing and were originally disappointed that Belize had been replaced with Costa Maya. (found out two weeks ago) But, we have been to Costa Maya and had a great time there last April. My husband is a scuba diver and really looked forward to Belize (he has already dove Roatan and it's incredible!).

Belize would have been the icing on the cake.

We very much want to sail on the Valor and since we are going with another couple and they are restricted to sailing in April, we are keeping our original booking. It seems to be filling up fast and we got a great deal on our balcony cabins.

This will be our first Carnival cruise. Our 13th cruise overall.

Good Luck with your May 1st sailing !

Donna

Personally my husband & I prefer Costa Maya to Belize. We have been to both twice. Unless you do a tour I would not go back to Belize. We did cave tubing in Belize in April and loved it so decided to just shop while there in July. BIG MISTAKE-shopping was lousy and we felt unsafe outside the fenced area. In Costa Maya you can go into Majahul and do alot of different activities or just sit along the beach area. The massage was fantastic and only $20. Both times we have stopped at Tasrpus and had a drink and something to eat also. Best Gucmoula(?) I have ever had. We sas people horseback riding so plan on doing that next time.

• 4 months later...

I've heard Costa Maya is better than Belize. My family is going on the Valor on 4/3/05. This will be the families 2nd Carnival cruise and my and my husband's 3rd Carnival cruise. We have moved up ship sizes every time and we are excited to be going on the newest! I have 2 boys who are 16. Does anyone else have kids going?

Pam

Belize is one of our least favorite ports, I wouldn't let missing any port stop me from taking a cruise. I know it can be disappointing when you think you are getting one thing and you get another, but this happens quite often. When we sailed Celebrity a couple of years ago the itinerary affecting one port changed 3 times before sailing. Fortunitely we did go to our 1st choice. We have had this happen on NCL as well. I would be more concerned about not being notified about the date change than the port change.

NMNita

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My parents 25 wedding anniversary is that week so they are taking the whole family. I am very excited about going to Costa Maya. My mother in law went to Belize a few months ago on RCL and didnt like it at all.

We will be bringing our 9 month old son *talked to the pediatrician and health dept) and my 15 yr old sis will be going as well.

There are two things we are def planning as excursions... turtle farm at Grand Caymans and some underwater boat to look at reefs in cozumel.

:)

Archived