Golden Obstructed view advice

mringenoldus

We are on the Oct 10 itinerary and booked a JJ gty. Since that time we have been upgraded to I category A211 (still an inside cabin) Today a few new cabins became available E301 and E303. These are obstructed but on the deck plans they look larger than the others in the same category. Before I consider paying for an upgrade to them, does anyone have any information on these cabins?

Here's a great link to the Emerald Deck plan on the Golden Princess:

http://leisure.travelocity.com/Vacations/Cruise/Ship/DeckPlans/0,2443,TRAVELOCITY_103_589_,00.html

You will see that these rooms are marked with a:

103_legend_1.gif

This symbol indicates a Wheelchair accessible room.

Generally, Princess will 'hold' these back from regular inventory for those that need them, requiring a doctors letter to confirm the requirement of an accessible cabin.

However, about 3-4 months prior to sailing date, if these cabins have not been booked, Princess will 'open' them up to regular bookings.

In most cases, people who have a requirement for this type of cabin will book quite far in advance.

So, if Princess has opened them up now to general booking, you may want to grab one now... if you don't someone elso will.

I very much appreciate the reply. I know there is alot of emotion about people taking handicapped cabins. I would suspect you are absolutely correct that most folks needing this type of availibilty plan in advance.

Now I need to decide whether the extra cost would be worth it - I still have a chance for an upgrade or I could learn to love A211. Thanks!!

Archived