Tortola from St. Thomas

Heymem

Is there transportation from St. Thomas/St Johns to Tortola and is this advisable? I would love to go back to Cane Garden Bay again but this cruise doesn't stop there. I thought I read here somewhere that someone had done that and was wondering how. I am a chicken and do not want to get left behind in St. Thomas when my ship sails with all my food on it.

There is ferry service to Tortola, however I personally would not chance it on a one day stop. Cane Garden is a good ways from the Tortola ferry terminals and you would not have much, if any time there. Frankly, I doubt you could do it at all. Enjoy St Thomas or St John this time around!:)

Enjoy your cruise!

B.

The ferry schedule is at

http://www.usvi.net/usvi/ferry.htm#RHT

Not good options on a cruise schedule. On return you would want to take an earlier ferry to leave one more available in case of a problem. Sometimes there are delays clearing immigration on the way back at St. John... if two ferries arrive at once and there is a big crowd, or someone's documents are not in order. Very risky in my opinion.

Archived