How do you search for a cruise critic member? L@@king for sea-n-ski

marcyjane

Could anyone tell me how to search or how to find a cruise critic member?:confused:

I'm trying to find a member that posted to a thread about the Carnival Victory that was going before us and was going to let me know how things went and answer some question for me in fact they were staying in the same cabin as we will be staying.:)

The members name was "sea -n -ski"

Thanks in advance for anyone's help;)

:DHi there sea-n-ski

I'm so glad I found you, since the boards changed I lost the threads that I had posted to, but had taken some notes and had you user name as one of the posters on Carnival Victory threads that I had posted to.

We I'm just so excited that I found you I just want to give you a big hug:D

Ok, my question is that if I remember right, you were going on Carnival Victory and were going to be in an "L" shaped cabin on the upper deck cabin # 6424 which is the very same cabin that we will be in on our September cruise.

I've been watching, but then again with the changes I feel I learning this board all over again.

So anyway how was your cruise and tell me please all about what our cabin will be like.

That's enough right now to start with then maybe if you don't mind I'll ask a few more question.

Again so glad to see your post!!!:)

Thanks;)

Hi Marcyjane-

Yep, I'm here! Just didn't have time earlier in the day to sit down to reply!

You will not be disappointed in your room selection!!! We loved it so much that I don't think I could be happy with a regular shaped room again!! In fact, we've booked the same room on the Glory already for next spring break!!

I'll do my best to describe the layout. Here goes....

When you enter the cabin, there are 4 closets on the right and a wall on the left. The dressing area/desk/tv is on the right wall next to the closets, then the couch and table! There are 2 gigantic windows looking out to the balcony and the queen bed is centered between them. The balcony door is to the far left on the outside wall. The bathroom is on the left side wall. I loved the fact that when you open the door, all you see is the huge window and the couch! Our friends had the other L shaped room next door so we opened up the divider for an even bigger balcony! There's also an inside door that can be opened between the two rooms.

The cabin was also very quiet. We heard music during the early seating Captain's cocktail party and that was it!

We were on the Eastern Itinerary and had great views as we pulled into port from the balcony of the fort in San Juan, St. Maarten and St. THomas. We hosted happy hours several times during the week for our group!

Our cabin steward, Joko, was terrific and very attentive. I gave him a gift bag of treats on our first day which he loved!

Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope this helps!

Laura

P.S. I have some pictures that I can send you if you need a visual!! And THANKS FOR THE HUG!!!!

Thanks so much Laura,:)

I'm really Sherry, the cabin sounds great!!!

We were spoiled last time had booked a cat11 to experience the balcony to Grand Cayman & Cozmuel and got upgraded to cat 12, well never the less like I said once balcony you never go back.

So we had to go with a balcony this time, I search the deck plans and called Carnival and talk with them about several different cabins and locations, the best by far with the extra square footage on the balcony was the "L" shaped for the money.

I'm not sure, but think that the balcony is larger than cat.11. We've never been on the aft of the ship always middle area our last 2 cruises.

I'm glad to hear that you didn't have a lot of noise. I had read on the boards that it was above a lounge and stairs, but that the stairs were only used by the crew.

How was the hair dryer in the bathroom? If you used it.

Also have read that the Victory is hard to learn your way around.

Sorry, but I'll try and ask all the questions I can here as not to keep you here or bother you much.

Which dining room were you assigned to and was it a lot of motion and hard to get to?

Course we will be in different waters than you were going out of New York to Canada.

We'll I think that's about all I can think of now, just anything you can think of that you would like to add that you think might be helpful.

Oh, I know one more, on the balcony were there 2 lounge chairs along with the regular chairs?

Again thanks so much;)

Sherry;)

Hi Sherry,

I didn't use the hairdryer in the bathroom- not strong enough for my thick hair! We were assigned to the dining room on the aft of the ship. Again, we never felt any motion! We actually loved the location of our room. We always took the stairs. Just a few flights down and you're at dinner, a few flights up and you are on the lido deck! Loved the pool on the back of the ship.

As far as figuring out your way around, just study the deck plan beforehand. From dinner, go up to the 5th floor and you're on the promenade. No problem!

As far as the balcony goes, there was one chair, a table and a low sitting beach type lounge chair.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I bet you're getting excited for your trip! Oh yeah, if you plan on doing laundry, it's in the middle of the ship on the other side. Bring your quarters!!

Talk with you soon,

Laura

From what I learned whuile on the Victory to get from one point to the next--always use deck 5.

We also studied the deck plans and copied the one out of the brochure as it was easier to read then the printed out ones they give you when you arrive.

Whats great about being in the aft--thats where all the food places are. The only time you need to go up front is to see the shows..lol

Yes, we did love being in the aft! I also took the brochure map with us. I agree, much better than the ones they provide! There are some great decks all the way to the front of the ship that are vitually undiscovered! Go thru the hallways by the rooms on the Lido deck and out the doors to them. Someone had dragged a few lounge chairs out there. What a great place to have peace and quiet other than our balcony! Hubby also like the shaded decks with the comfy lounge chairs on Deck 3 by the purser's desk. Good nappin' out there!!

Laura

Thanks again so very much. Laura

Thanks for the suggestion on the deck plans, I'll to that.

DH wanted we to ask one more question.

What about outlets ? He is a camera nut and will have to charge the camera batteries and cell phone.

Thanks so much and yes I am getting so excited :D I don't think I'll ever book a year out again, it's been a loooong wait.

Thanks,

Sherry;)

I dried my hair at the dressing table so there is definitely an outlet there. Not sure about anywhere else in the room except the bathroom. I agree with you as far as the long wait goes. We usually don't book for our Spring Break cruise until the fall but we didn't want to get shut out of these rooms!! Carnival said that they will work with us if the price drops!

Have a great evening. I wish the clocks on our posts were EST! I can't get used to them!

Laura

Thanks a bunch,

I really appreicate you taking the time to answer all my questions.

Hope you have a wonderful spring break cruise;)

Well, I think that's all folks!!

Again thanks so very much maybe we'll meet on the board posting again real soon.

Sherry:)

I took a surge protector. It has all those outlets. One for my video to recharge, one for my digital to recharge, another for my x-tr battery charger. an alarm clock.

There is only one outlet by the desk. ( i think there is another by the headboard but the phone is plug in there)

Good idea serene, Duh!!! we took one last time, now don't tell me why I didn't think of that this time:confused:

I'm going to get up right now and put with my other pile of things to go.

Thanks;)

Archived