Why does Carnival Ships not have web cams?

marcyjane

Hmmm, never thought about it before.

I assume it would be a privacy/security issue. I know I would prefer not to have just anyone out in cyberspace seeing ME on a cruiseship.:eek:

I think an example of the privacy issue would be this: The people who are having such a great time on the ships (in the Carnival commercials) have given written permission/releases to be filmed.

lol... very true about the thongs!

IMHO, I can't stand the ones that are out there now. They make me sad seeing all those beautiful places I'm not at right now:(

I'm always checking out those things and depressing myself!

I always check out the other lines cams anyway, this way I have an oppotunity to see a Carnival ship.

But I like the portcams better anyway, except for those ships that are sailing in Alaska. The views sometimes are breathtaking!

The webcams usually dont show the people, but the front view of the ship. Also, if they just put a disclosure on the boarding doucments that there is a camera located______, that would do the trick. It would be contracted that they can use your image, etc. Anyway they already film the cruise all week and sell it with your image.

I liked the cam on the VOyager- I told my family when I will be there and to look for me.

Did the same with Bourbon street and in Vegas-- it was awesome they saw us.

Some of the ships actually have the cams already in place and you can view them on your in room cabin TV. They just are not hooked up to show on a website. It would be easy for Carnival to do. Not sure why they do not do this. Sister lines Princess and Costa have them.

Archived